Warren Ballentine-I Refused To Become A FBI Informant

Discussion in 'Race, Religion, Science and Politics' started by OckyDub, Mar 7, 2016.

1. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    He doesn't know it but Warren Ballentine (via his show) is the man who encouraged me to invest. He also (behind the scenes) encouraged Don Lemon to come out and supported him. I didn't agree with him on all his issues but still loved his commentary on Black issues.

This is a cool convo on Obama, politics, being indicted by the Feds, radio and race.

2. Discordant

Squad Leader The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Interesting interview. I definitely agree we need to support our own when it comes to business and economic empowerment. If he was actually a target of the FBI, I'm sure he can't be surprised that some of the larger political figures he used to know stopped associating with him; it's not necessarily about black people not standing up for one another so much as not having everyone's platformed derailed due to a "bad" association.

3. OckyDub

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    See...I disagree.
    MLK, Malcolm X and other leaders were targets of the FBI and CIA.

All this happened after 2005. We have/had different forms of media to support and spread the word on certain types of activism. Al Sharpton DROPPED HIS ASS LIKE A HOT POTATOE for example (why am I typing in caps?). Warren didnt want to name names but he was one of those black leaders.

Currently Hillary Clinton has some national legal issues...the dem party didn't drop her

4. Discordant

Squad Leader The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    The Democratic Party has put all of their political eggs in the Hillary basket. They have too much invested in her to drop her. These smaller organizations don't have the power or the money (which are largely the same) to withstand the kind of legal trouble the Dems can. As Warren mentioned, part of the problem is the lack of autonomy these organizations have due to where they're getting their funding. But again, that's my point. He's clearly been blackballed and these other organizations might have decided to not get caught up in that mess even though he was innocent. It boils down to economic power and freedom, which is the majority of what he was saying.

5. OckyDub

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    On all of this...I agree.