Watch the Creepy Ass Trailer for the Video Game SCORN

Discussion in 'Gaming and Technology' started by OckyDub, Jul 14, 2016.

1. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    [​IMG]

Scorn is an upcoming video game with stylings inspired by artist H.R. Giger of the famed Alien film franchise. Scorn’s imagery is haunting, creepy, unsettling but yet beautiful. This is some of the most unnerving scenery I’ve seen in a video game in years. The textures and luster powered by the Unreal Engine is very polished but feels “dirty”. While the trailer showcases the creativity and detail of the landscapes and creature design; the score provides a sense of dread…as if something is about to happen at any moment.

Check out the trailer and the pre-alpha in game footage below.

From the Scorn website:

Scorn is an atmospheric first person horror adventure game set in a nightmarish universe of odd forms and somber tapestry. It is designed around an idea of “being thrown into the world”. Isolated and lost inside this dream-like world you will explore different interconnected regions in a non-linear fashion. The unsettling environment is a character itself. Every location contains its own theme (story), puzzles and characters that are integral in creating a cohesive lived in world. Throughout the game you will open up new areas, acquire different skill sets, weapons, various items and try to comprehend the sights presented to you.

GAMEPLAY FEATURES
    -Cohesive “lived in” world – Scorn takes place in open-ended world with different interconnected regions. Each region is a maze like structure with various rooms and paths to discover. All the storytelling happens in-game, with no cut-scenes to distract you from the grisly reality of the living, breathing (throbbing, dripping) world you’re in. But keep your eyes open – the game won’t show you any sympathy if you miss something important on your uneasy travels. Everything has a reason and purpose – you just need to work out what it is.

-Full body awareness – player will experience better immersion being aware of the character’s body and movement. Interaction with the world is realistic – objects are picked up with your hands (instead of just floating in midair), machines and instruments are operated by grabbing the controls etc.

-No HUD – For a greater immersion into the world there is no HUD to assist the player. Everything is implied and indicated through environmental design.

-Inventory and ammo management – is defined and limited. It plays a big role in keeping the player in an even greater state of awareness throughout the whole game. Players will have to think about when to fight and when to take cover and how their actions affect the world around them. Different play styles will be needed to advance.

[​IMG]

Read the whole post here.

Winston Smith dapped this.
  2. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    @Jaa @ControlledXaos would you play this?
    @Nick Delmacy I know you like Alien but I can't see you wanting to play this.
    @hannibal I thought about you and your love of creepy music when I heard the score.

#2 OckyDub, Jul 14, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2016
  3. ControlledXaos

Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    No heads up display? Wow.

Well it looks creepy and organic. I'm interested but this would be a "let me see what the reviews are" first. I may pick it up on sale.

Them graphics tho. I bet this on a big ass TV with surround sound and the lights off would be wild!

OckyDub dapped this.
  4. alton

Squad Leader The Great Debater The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    I definitely see the Giger inspiration. I like that it's just hint and not a full on bite. LOL I would definitely play this. The score is what really pulls me in, same thing that drew me to "Silent Hill".

OckyDub dapped this.
  5. Nick Delmacy

Nick Delmacy is a Verified MemberNick Delmacy Da Architect

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Not enough of the actual gameplay shown...I need to be impressed enough to purchase the game, add it to my collection and never actually play it.

6. Jaa

Jaa
    The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Maybe. I like sci-fi and horror settings but often find ammo conversation and inventory management to be a drag. I know it builds tension but lately I prefer to just go all out in a cool setting like Doom 2016. I never played Alien: Isolation because dealing with the alien sounded kinda tedious, but I'm glad that they made an effort to turn that experience into a unique game. I like the trailer's sound and atmosphere and I'd like to hear more about it. Might be fun to try first-person horror, probably starting with Resident Evil 7 next year.

7. hannibal

Most Comedic Player Squad Leader The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    But i dont like creepy music...

8. Aejae

Aejae Socially Awkward Aejae
    The 100 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    [​IMG]
    Y'all need to get saved and give your life to Christ!

*plays Shirley Caesar on A-track and fans self with church fan in front row with church hat on*