Best Posts in Thread: What Would You Do If Your Son Was Gay? (Radio Show Discussion)

1. Cyrus-Brooks

Cyrus-Brooks is a Featured MemberCyrus-Brooks The Black Vulcan
    Squad Leader Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    This is a real fucked up story. The father and the girlfriend should definitely be charged with child abuse. What makes it worse is he has autism. I'm sure that only adds to an already difficult and disturbing situation.

As far as the second part of the question. This entirely hypothetical for me since I don't have kids and probably will never have kids. But if I did have a son and he turned out to be gay I would be very concerned for his safety, mental health, and emotional wellbeing because I know how cruel people can be. It's important to be honest with kids and not sugar coat the truth because despite the progress that has been made he is still gonna have tougher time as black gay man. I'd definitely would put a lot of emphasis on him being confident in who he is and defending himself and not taking shit from anyone. I would be very concerned about his sexual health as far as avoiding STDs by practicing safer sex and having an understanding about issues surrounding consent, sexual assault, avoiding abusive relationships, avoiding fetishization etc. There are just so many pitfalls that come with being gay.