Which One Should I Get?

Discussion in 'Gaming and Technology' started by Nick Delmacy, Jun 14, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Nick Delmacy

Nick Delmacy is a Verified MemberNick Delmacy Da Architect
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    PS4-vs-Xbox-One.jpg

Which should I get?

I really LOVE the "Gears of War" series on Xbox but that new "Uncharted" game on PS4 looks dope AF....

Exclusives aside, which game console should Nick Delmacy get?

I'll mainly use it for playing adventure/first-person-shooter games and for when I have young dates over my crib to "chill."

2. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    Easy...get both.

Both have new cheaper models coming out but get a PS4 now being that Uncharted is out. Get an XBox later this year or next year. Either way you will play them each 1.5 times and they both will collect copious amounts of dust.

itsumoconfused and ControlledXaos dapped this.
  3. Jaa

Jaa
    The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    The new model Xbox coming in August. It's slightly cheaper than a PS4 and Gears will be out in October.

Uncharted 4 is kinda cool but may have more slow portions than I'd like. It feels like there's a 70:30 ratio of action scenes to climbing and The Last of Us-like slow-paced walking/character-building parts, parts that make me feel like I'm doing more watching than playing. I guess Uncharted 2 and 3 are somewhat similar but I sensed more downtime than in the others, maybe a little too much. The story and characters are decent and the dialogue is more natural than most games', but slower parts would be a drag to replay. But yeah, the graphics and art design are nice so at least it would look pretty, and the gunfights are fun when they happen. If I loved Gears and chose a PS4 due to Uncharted, I think I'd be somewhat disappointed, though I'd personally choose a PS4 for some of its other games.

Jdudre dapped this.
  4. ControlledXaos

Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Both.

It really comes down to two things.... Exclusives and what your friends who game have.

If you have friends who game you may want to get what they have so you can be social if you're interested in multilayer games. I definitely love xbox live and I think it works better than the psn but I am speaking from the ps3 version.

Most AAA games are multi platform. EA, Activision, etc will definitely be on both sides. Both MS and Sony have smaller indie games or smaller devs who make exclusives. I'm definitely interested in Detroit : Become Human on PS4 as I love those types of games but I currently don't have a PS4 and will probably get one after the PS4.5 comes out.

Graphically they are both pretty similar. But PS4 games have been running in higher resolutions than xb1 counterparts but the difference imo isn't significant enough to say ether console sucks.

I definitely like xb1 having 360 backwards compatibility. Even though it's not all games it does free up an hdmi port if you have a 360 already.

Also consider a cheap gaming pc. Games would be cheaper on Steam sales plus you have a PC which could be useful for productivity purposes.

My vote though is for Xbox One. Get it after the S model comes out and stores try to clear out the current SKUs.

5. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    If you are going to get that stuff, just get both.