Which Typecast Did You Fit At School?

Discussion in 'Career, Work, Finances and Education' started by JohnDoe, Sep 18, 2016.

1. JohnDoe

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    SGL
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Were you "The Jock", "Mr. Popular", "The Nerd" (or any others I've missed)?

For the record I was the nerd.

2. SB3

SB3 is a Featured MemberSB3
    Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    I went to an 'arts' hs, so we had a bit less of that goin on. Id say I was 'mr popular' in the sense that everyone knew me because I was always on stage.

JohnDoe dapped this.
  3. acessential

Squad Leader Best Thread Creator The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    I was the overachiever. Valedictorian. Involved in clubs. All that. And was nice to everyone enough where I was voted Homecoming King.

4. SB3

Daps Received:
    Come thru valedictorian! Thats wasup man

acessential dapped this.
  5. 12tlnsxy

12tlnsxy Lurker

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    I was a combination of all three. I got along with everyone and could maneuver among the different groups. The only group I didn't really interact with were the wanna be thugs and dboys.

JohnDoe dapped this.
  6. LeMignon

LeMignon Your Favorite Nephew
    The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    I was "The Nerd" in high school. Then I joined the tennis team, track team, student council, and did other extracurricular activities. By senior year, I was "The Cool Nerd" and had friends from all circles, whereas before we nerds stuck together lol!

SB3 and JohnDoe dapped this.
  7. BlackguyExecutive

BlackguyExecutive Je suis diplomate
    Squad Leader Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Married
    I would probably be cast as the All-American. Well spoken, involved in EVERYTHING, Class President, Lettered in Varsity Sport and Lettered in Academic Achievement, played musical instruments, involved in the Arts. Did community service. Was a police explorer (a division of the Boy Scouts) and received the highest award (equivalent to Eagle Scout). Generally, well liked. I was voted All Around Senior Superlative. With that being said, I attended a performing arts high school.

SB3 and JohnDoe dapped this.
  8. Jaa

Jaa
    The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    I was a kinda weird, sort of a loner, top of the class nerd.

JohnDoe dapped this.
  9. jusrawb

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    I was a combination. Jock, nerd, popular, wasn't a thug but hung with a few. Got along with everyone mostly.

BlackguyExecutive and JohnDoe dapped this.
  10. Infinite_loop

Infinite_loop Is this thing on?
    Bae Material The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    SGL
    I was definitely the nerd but my friends/crew in high school had a combination of nerds, jocks, weirdos etc

JohnDoe dapped this.
  11. SB3

Daps Received:
    We didnt even have a homecoming (fukn arts schools). I cant even imagine what being valedictorian took tho! I was a terrible student (I felt like school was busy work, wasting my time) but I was smart, so I still coasted thru w an above 3.0 gpa. But, I can't imagine how hard the valedictorian had to work.

I did win best dancer n cutest tho ;-) Like I said, always on stage!

12. acessential

Squad Leader Best Thread Creator The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    I don't know how I would've survived at a performing arts school. No artistic bone in my body. I legit just liked school. Half of getting good grades at my school was just turning the work in on time.

SB3 dapped this.
  13. BlackguyExecutive

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Married
    In my one year as a High School teacher before I came to my senses, I had to explain to my students that half the battle is turning in the work. If you turn in your homework even if they are not complete you will likely pass with a C. If you turn in your work completed you will likely get a B if you have 80% effort and were well-behaved you would likely get an A. That easy. I would still have dumb ass MF fail because they never turned in their homework.

#13 BlackguyExecutive, Sep 20, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2016
    mojoreece and SB3 dapped this.
  14. Michael

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Derek Zulanders Center For Kids Who Cant Read Good
    I was a quiet loner aside from my small crew of friends and a geek. Not much has changed

mojoreece and JohnDoe dapped this.
  15. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Disengaged, and the 'who is that guy-I don't know him' type. I showed up(at first) and that was it. I did not like any after school stuff and had little to do with school other than attending. I had more friends elementary school and late high school, less friends(very few) late junior high and early high school.

My senior year I had class(Advanced English, Personal and Business Law, Pre-Calculus, German, and something else I can't remember just college prep at that time). I went to school for five hours, then went to work for six(sometimes more) hours, then home for socializing(had more close friends then) and homework. I had sleep problems also, so about every third day I would just skip going to school. I would sleep in and then go to work. I planned this so I would not miss critical tests and would get the assignments from friends/classmates. Sometimes I could not skip any days for a whole week and I was the walking dead by Friday.

Out of about 180 school days my senior year, I missed about 60. Every time you missed five days your parent would have to come and sign for you or you could not come back-my mother went in and signed for me twelve times. Looking back, if I were my mother, I would have KILLED ME! lol. I would just say, 'Oh well, I guess I won't graduate then' and they would break down and she would go in. My teachers would point me out in class and try to threaten/shame me-'you had BETTER be here tomorrow!" and of course next day I would hear about how they glared at my empty seat lol.

I graduated with a 3.3 average my senior year.

*My senior year was a lot of 'who is that guy spouting that commie crap?-even though most of my fellow students had also gone to elementary and junior high with me.

JohnDoe dapped this.
  16. Je Ne Sais Quoi

Je Ne Sais Quoi I've learned that I still have a lot to learn.....
    The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Dating:
    Single
    I'm late but I was a King Bee (Only out of revenge). My school was a little ghetto and I was the spoiled kid who lived in a nice neighborhood with just his mom. I started out as a quiet nerd but the school was ruthless so I had to either get with it or become someone that no one would remember, unfortunately.

LeMignon dapped this.
  17. SB3

Daps Received:
    We see you bro. Just remember us when u run against Trump in 2020.

18. BlackguyExecutive

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Married
    Probably not. For much of my life, at least from high school into college people always told me that I would run for office or become a politician. I have no desire to do that. The days, when relatively good people went to Washington or to the state house to do good things for their community, state, and country, are over. I honestly don't think I want to be part of what politics is today. One of the reasons I like diplomacy is that in many ways it's above politics. We try to work with what we got and make the best of it. Along the way, we may help some people.

With that being said, I think there are many in my generation who have the talents and passion for doing something and I hoping more of us have to courage to run for public office. For everything from Chief Librarian to President. In the meantime, I have about 5 years before I am eligible to run for Pres!

Winston Smith and SB3 dapped this.
  19. Winston Smith

Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    The combo high IQ-artist-loner-strong arm. I dressed EXACTLY like Adam Baldwin in "My Bodyguard" and like him, it did seem like a lot of my friends were the picked-on twinky boys or "homely" girls (yes, they do have great personalities), or nerdy, art types. What made it even more batshit crazy is I used to dress like Adam Baldwin AND carried a corporate briefcase with my books and art supplies. Nowadays people would be calling the FBI and cops on me. Once I hit college it was the opposite, ties and brims. A great movie if you've never seen, prepared me for high school years later:

#19 Winston Smith, Nov 15, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2016
  20. Winston Smith

Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Yeah things were a lot freer years ago. No zero tolerance or other fascist shit kids have to put up with today. You could be a fuck up and still accomplish something in life with extra chances. I skipped a lot of classes and got one of the highest ACT scores in the school (they made some of us take the ACT and some the SAT, no rhyme or reason). The guidance counselor couldn't believe this rebellious black kid did so well and insisted I cheated on my college entrance exam. Like I told her, just 'cause y'all don't know how to teach a kid like me doesn't mean I don't like to learn. HATED high school. Felt a lot like Rick in Rick and Morty.

By the way that high school is one in your city for which the principals got busted in that scandal and went to jail...