Who Here Doesn't Use (Protein) Supplements in their Diet?

Discussion in 'Food and Diet' started by Nigerian Prince, Feb 5, 2016.

1. Nigerian Prince

Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Single
    So I was told by my doctor that my uric acid levels are high in my blood so I was told to back off from protein supplements in my diet. That means NO more protein bars or shakes. I will still have protein bars every now and then because during clinicals when I get hungry, the Clif Building Bars are awesome!

Do any of you not use protein bars/shakes and you still see good results from your exercise regimen? If so, what are you doing more of? Cardio? Weights?

I know that I want to lean out more so I am thinking about beginning a 12 to 24 week transformation challenge by purchasing Direct HIIT by Big Brandon Carter for just $48.00 and it will be made available to me online. I know that doing a high intensity interval training (HIIT) program will be okay because I don't need to consume as much protein for that. I can get it from food sources and almond milk and related sources.

2. Dr. Strange

Squad Leader The 100 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Single
    I don't use protein supplements personally because I think they're crap. They hit your blood too fast and any excess protein can convert into sugar.

3. Nigerian Prince

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Single
    There are slower acting protein supplements. It just depends on which ones you buy.

I think now that I will just keep staying active in the gym and at home but I will get my muscles as big as my body will allow minus the protein supplements.

4. Dr. Strange

Squad Leader The 100 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Single
    Sure they are, but your putting a manufactured product in your body. Not saying they might not work or anything like that, but I don't like them. I personally just eat real food.

Nigerian Prince dapped this.
  5. Cyrus-Brooks

Cyrus-Brooks is a Featured MemberCyrus-Brooks The Black Vulcan
    Squad Leader Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    I gotta take protein supplements. I can't eat enough food to support the muscle growth in I want just with food and I've tried to do without supplements.

6. bisonboy

The 100 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    I know that I am guilty of not doing my research on protein supplements. Lately, I have been just blindly following my personal trainer in taking supplements, but I am not seeing the results I feel I should be. However, I am not putting in the right work in the kitchen and the gym in consistently. I need to go to a doctor and ask that kind of question to make sure I am not damaging any organs of mine. Thanks for this post @African King

7. cypher21

cypher21 Deactivated Account
    The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Not looking
    For future reference does anyone know of any good protein supplements/shake brands that can be used that have fewer negative side effects??

8. SB3

SB3 is a Featured MemberSB3

Daps Received:
    I dont do shakes. I eat lots of eggs n meat.
    N i like having long, lean muscle, so I do a lot of cardio and light weights w high reps.

Tyroc and bisonboy dapped this.
  9. Nigerian Prince

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Single
    Yeah I'm about to return 2 boxes of protein bars to Costco and the rest of my protein powder is just sitting on my dining room table.

I've been doing more cardio and I have not been to the gym in a week. I just been working out at home doing the Big Brandon Carter HIIT & AB workouts. I may purchase his Direct HIIT program ($48 one-time payment) so I can take it to the next level and get shredded since I can't do much bulking without protein supplements.

Do you ever feel nervous about eating "lots of eggs and meat" @SB3? I stick primarily with chicken since it is very cheap and works for my budget. As for eggs I just have them in the morning.

10. SB3

SB3 is a Featured MemberSB3

Daps Received:
    I dont eat it for protein, I eat it because I like it. I eat chicken the most, but i love a good burger n steak, not to mention my bacon fetish. I typically only eat boiled eggs as snacks, I eat egg beaters for egg meals becus they dont have the cholesterol.

I cant say I worry abt it. I also drink gallons of water daily n do a lot of cardio, so it balances it out in my head, lol.

11. ControlledXaos

Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    I think it's important to know what your body type is and what your goals are.

My body loves Carbs. I could eat pasta and rice allllll day everyday. However my body holds on to it. When I have cut out or down rice, pasta, bread... It's always worked positively for me to drop weight. So I have to eat protein to feel full.

Chicken mostly or lean beef. Sometimes pork loin if it's on sale. I use two scoops of Optimum Nutrition protein in almond milk for breakfast and I have Oh Yeah One Birthday Cake bars for when I have sweet cravings. Also Oikos sport yogurt. I have learned to like cottage cheese with sweetened strawberries added as well.

Since I'm built more like a rugby player or power lifter I just kinda had to embrace it. Since I'm also working also on performance with my obstacle races, vanity is secondary but I doubt need to lose pounds so I can be lighter on my feet.

SB3, Nigerian Prince and Tyroc dapped this.