Why Did/Would You Give Him Your Number?

Discussion in 'Group Discussions' started by ControlledXaos, May 3, 2017.

1. ControlledXaos

Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    So because I'm on my grind, I drive for ride share services. Today I had a male passenger, after a 30 minute discussion, asked me for my number.

He's younger than I am. We are from different cultural backgrounds. He's definitely the type of person who, while our conversation was cool and friendly, if we were in the same club, he'd probably not pay me any mind.

Mind you, earlier in the conversation I mentioned I was dating someone. (he asked if I "had any one special" [why do gay men stay asking that lol])

Now I am fine for platonic friendliness. I'm also cool with different cultures. I try not to read into things. I also will not be sending an initial text. I just wonder in what situations would you ask for or give your number to someone you've only known for 25 minutes? My mind as a driver was like "cool convo, have a good day" and on the next.

He is new to Atlanta and for all I know could just be trying to get a larger local friend network. I did look at his Facebook and he's got a lot FB friends but we know how that goes. I just wouldn't think we'd have anything in common other than us both being male and gay. So I'm not sure what sparked him to want my number.

Nigerian Prince dapped this.
  2. Nick Delmacy

Nick Delmacy is a Verified MemberNick Delmacy Da Architect
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    So you do know for sure that he is gay? Was there any kind of subtlety flirtatious comments thrown out there by him? (ie: "I'm sure a guy who looks as good as you has no problem dating" etc.) If not his intentions could just be platonic.

Would I ask for a number in this situation? Possibly if I was new to a city. Given that I'm about to move to LA for awhile, I will probably have to do this a lot. I know a lot of straight ppl there but not many gay people.

And many of the straight ppl I know there are either just younger college friends or just hetero thirst traps straight dudes I've befriended and connected with on social media.

So if I met a cool guy who was driving an Uber or car service, I might ask for his number (or give him my card) too.

Nigerian Prince dapped this.
  3. ControlledXaos

Daps Received:
    I know for a fact he's gay. Mannerisms and such gave it off. And his out fit. He wasn't flirty. Just "gay nice" I guess. But our conversation led up to me saying I was gay which I think let him Hey note comfortable/at ease.

I'm just not used to people being so upfront with giving out their numbers. I guess I have become so jaded from online interactions and the barrier/safety me to of the block button that causes people to be guarded.

I'm cool with a platonic friend/acquaintance outside of my normal groove. Plus in this role, it's easy to network.

OckyDub and Nigerian Prince dapped this.
  4. takeyourmeds91

The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    *cues I'mma Flirt by Rkelly ft Tpain*

LOL. He could very well have just been trying to branch out. I'd say hit him up if you're interested in hanging out on a platonic level/getting him up to speed in Atl; if he tries you then c'est la vie.

If you're not interested in getting to know new people at all for whatever reason or you really think he just wants the long-and-strong (..or the cake...), then pretend you never met him lol.

I'm trying to do better at not over-analyzing things myself and just going with life's flow, making experiences. It might benefit you to just look at it for what it is with no assumptions and go from there.

ControlledXaos dapped this.
  5. Champagne Papi

Champagne Papi is a Featured MemberChampagne Papi side-n*gga paralegal
    Most Comedic Player The 1000 Daps Club Best Gifs

Daps Received:
    I don't know if it's just me yeh but I never held my number close to me, I'm usually the one to offer it. It's weird though, for someone who dislikes being at moments reach like that, I give that shit out like it's candy. I'm like what's the worst that could happen? Plus, there's always the block button innit (unless they try to text you from another number or download that stupid text app so they can blow your shit up after you blocked them)?

But yeh, it can be both reasons or something completely different innit. He's probably still interested in you (because being in a relationship means nothing to these niggas) or thinks your dope and is looking for something platonic.

6. ControlledXaos

Daps Received:
    So to catch up, I got a glowing review and no text. If anything comes up I'll let you guys now.

OhSheit and SB3 dapped this.
  7. SB3

SB3 is a Featured MemberSB3
    Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Im more of a 'what's there to lose?' type. I have no problem exchanging numbers most times. They can't kill me thru the phone. Whether or not Im interested in beyond platonic, you'll know.

OhSheit and takeyourmeds91 dapped this.
  8. ControlledXaos

Daps Received:
    You should know. All that ID channel you stay watching.

SB3 dapped this.
  9. SB3

SB3 is a Featured MemberSB3
    Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    And knowing you, Im gonna assume u weren't attracted enough to send a 'hey man, nice meeting u the other night' text.

10. ControlledXaos

Daps Received:
    No. He's a legit cute guy. I just think we are at different stages in life for anything beyond platonic.