Why don't Black Americans have passports?

Discussion in 'Group Discussions' started by Boaxy, Dec 6, 2017.

1. Boaxy

Boaxy SO FIERCE
    The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Single
    I read something a while ago, that many black Americans do not have a passport.

Why is this?

I think it could go in pair, with the fact many black Americans don't travel or vacation/are afraid airplanes or the unknown/have sacred beliefs and conceptions about strange places/no experience in world travel.

Which I think I probably answered the issue there.

I do not have a passport myself, but I really want to get one. As there are countries outside of the United States I want to visit.

2. acessential

Squad Leader Best Thread Creator The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    I've heard this claim before, but I'm always skeptical of anecdotes. I wanna see some reliable stats.

If it does turn out to be true, like any other disparity, a lot of it can be tied to economics. Black-Americans are on average less wealthy than white-Americans, so it would make sense that they're less likely to travel abroad.