Why Millennials Love Gucci

Discussion in 'Fitteds, Blazers and Watches' started by Lancer, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Lancer

Best Thread Creator The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:

I have a question, where the hell are they getting the money to spend on such luxury items!?!
    I see lots of young folks rocking Off White and Balmain and I am like
    [​IMG]
    I have never been into luxury brands or care much about the status it buys you, however I do love to know about them and how much they go for.

Nigerian Prince and Cyrus-Brooks dapped this.
  2. Cyrus-Brooks

Cyrus-Brooks is a Featured MemberCyrus-Brooks The Black Vulcan
    Squad Leader Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    I don't get it either. This is especially prevalent in hip-hop culture. It was that way back when I was coming up in the 1980s and 90s. Gucci was a big status symbol and it's still that way today. I have often said and continue to say truly wealthy people don't wear their wealth on their backs. Unfortunately a lot of young people especially in the black community still haven't figured that out. The funny thing about this video pointing out the Millennials love of luxury brands like Gucci is the Millennial generation is the generation that supposedly can't afford to move out of their parents house, buy a car, or get married because of massive student loan debt but they can afford Gucci?! Something doesn't compute. Being "hood rich" is not only very tacky it does not set people up for long term success. What's the point of having a Gucci bag if you can't afford to buy a house? Who are these Millennials trying to impress?

Lancer and mojoreece dapped this.
  3. mojoreece

Bae Material The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Dont get me wrong I like labels and brands too.... But what type Millennials can responsibly afford this stuff unless ur family's rich or got a good suggah baby.

I mean even if ur lucky enough to make good money into the 6 figures. Responsibly u should prob put ur money into investments.

Cyrus-Brooks and Lancer dapped this.
  4. Lancer

Best Thread Creator The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    ALL OF THIS RIGHT HERE!!!

5. Nigerian Prince

Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Single
    Many of the ATL black gays love Gucci. I just don't care for it or any luxury brand name clothes

6. Piye

Piye Lurker

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    Yo, I'm with you bruh. It puzzles tf outta me. Cam Newton did a photo shoot in GQ a couple years ago. In the cover photo, he was wearing a Snoopy tank top. $550. If you're not being featured on ESPN, I don't know how you got that kind drip in your closet and keep cable on.