Best Posts in Thread: Will He Stand Up For Your?

1. mojoreece

Bae Material The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    As a man I don't necessary need my man to stand up for me but he needs to be able to have my back me no questions asked. Its just good to know if Im in a situation where I might not be all there I would have someone who could stand up. Im not saying I need to be kept or anything but but if some stuff jumps off he's there for me.
    [​IMG]

2. Discordant

Squad Leader The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Do I need him to? No, not at all. Do I expect him/want him to? To a point. Just like I would always defend his honor and close ranks in public (even if I disagree privately) I would expect the same from him.

cypher21, ColumbusGuy, bpaisle and 2 others dapped this.
  3. acessential

Squad Leader Best Thread Creator The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    There's a difference between standing by your dude and standing up for your dude. If I'm not there and someone has some misinformed notions about me, I would hope my dude would correct them. But I don't need anyone to stand up for me. That's different. I'm a grown man. I use this term a lot, but that's very "heteronormative" to me. I feel like there's a lot of gay men who want to mirror hetero relationships. They want a man to take care of them and stand up for them. Pretty much what a sterotypical wife wants from a dude. I'm not having that. Shit should be mutual, but we let each other stand on our two feet. You scratch my back, I scratch yours.

Champagne Papi, bpaisle, Jdudre and 2 others dapped this.