Would You Wait For Him?

Discussion in 'Sex and Adult' started by cypher21, Dec 29, 2015.

1. cypher21

cypher21 Deactivated Account
    The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Ok so it's no secret to many of you that I'm virgin and at 23 I'm not going to lie..it can be a bit embarrassing to admit to others sometimes because you don't know how others will react. Lately after many different great discussions we've had on here I've been thinking more and more about relationships and being more proactive in meeting people but there are a few things that make me hesitant. I came across this article about a 31 straight guy and his journey of staying a virgin and it surprised me a bit to honest..made me think of some responses from the Dude is Suspect thread (especially after seeing this picture of him, he's hot! Lol) but I would like to know your opinions!
    [​IMG]
    31-Year-Old Virgin JimDre Westbrook Doesn't Want You To Settle For "Netflix & Chill"

My real question comes from this interesting piece I read about a 22 year olds thoughts on being a gay virgin, as I found them to be similar to my own.

What's Wrong With Being A Gay Virgin?

I don't think being a virgin is a big deal, but one of the concerns I have about actively dating and forming relationships( especially here in Atlanta apparently) is that this will be a problem for a boyfriend. I'm truly am open to all opinions and really do want to know your take on this.

If you were in a relationship with a virgin around your age, would you wait for him? (Not have sex until he felt ready for it) Why or why not? For how long?

Thanks guys!

#1 cypher21, Dec 29, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2015
    mojoreece dapped this.
  2. ControlledXaos

Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    I would wait. As long as he doesn't mind me handling things with myvidster. However I'm also not one to put pressure on sex in a relationship. I like sex but I'm also ok with not penetration or being penetrated every time we get naked. Let's call a thing a thing people. Sex is invasive and I'm not always ready for that.

Also I think that possibly if I waited I would not have to worry about them stepping out because being a Virgin at my age, I don’t think they'd be rushing to screw the next dude easily.

grownman, DreG and cypher21 dapped this.
  3. NickAuzenneNOLA

The Great Debater The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Dating:
    Single
    Ive heard of this guy, I think people don't understand how it's possible but you can't miss what you've never had. It's easier than expected if you've never done it I'd expect. For me I believe I could and I have waited in relationships. I think it's important to know who you're laying with before laying with them. Don't know if I could wait years as this guy has but I respect his dedication.

Nigerian Prince, mojoreece and cypher21 dapped this.
  4. cypher21

The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Lol myvidster FTW :bronbad:
    But that's great to hear, I wouldn't mind that at all, especially if you were used to sex. Not asking for absolute pristine purity lol however I would draw the line at open relationships personally.

Yeah this is my first time hearing about him! I guess you're right when you put it that way..but I sure do get tempted! :fantasia:LOL! I respect his dedication too, couldn't have been easy. Self discipline of a monk!

Nigerian Prince dapped this.
  5. Jaa

Jaa
    The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    If I'm in a relationship with a virgin, I've likely already determined that I really like and connect with the guy so I would wait. Physical intimacy, even when only mild, is more important to me than intercourse. I don't know if I would wait until marriage. That seems like some weird purity, religion-related stuff that I wouldn't understand. I mean, we could discover we're sexually incompatible. I know some people say that, if they love someone, they'll make it work in the bedroom, but some people just don't like doing certain things. If it approached a year, I'd probably wonder what he's waiting for. I do think I'd consider being in a relationship with an asexual if we were really feeling one another, in which case sex would be off the table, though the lack of sex might make me feel some pangs after awhile.

If I found out about this guy's reservations in the very early dating stages and had other potential partners on the table who all seemed fairly equal in terms of compatibility, I'd probably lean toward one of the others. Sex isn't the most important thing but knowing the option is available would be nice. In any case, it's cool that these guys stick to their values rather than succumbing to societal pressure and judgment.

#5 Jaa, Dec 30, 2015
    cypher21 dapped this.
  6. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    For me there are different levels to sexual interactions. Waiting for sexual penetration I can understand but what about mutual masterbation or oral?

cypher21 and ControlledXaos dapped this.
  7. mojoreece

Bae Material The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    I came from a religious vow of purity/wait until marriage mindset even though I have evolved from it I still respect it. I could wait for him.

cypher21 and grownman dapped this.
  8. Dante

Dante https://www.gofundme.com/qv7v5dw
    The Great Debater The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Single
    Celibacy takes a LOT of personal discipline. And true discipline involves no type of sexual activity which includes no masturbation. So I hope that all the " I can wait..." responders know that. If you are committed to dating someone who is truly celibate, you must truly be their equal or just kill the BS. You wouldn't be legit to verbally agree to celibacy with that other person, while personally masturbating or otherwise. That's not a celibatory situation.

For me, I can date a guy who is celibate. That situation can involve me not having sexual relations with him. However, he would know upfront that I will be masturbating, because I'm not a priest. My sex drive is ON FIRE! That situation can last about a good 3 years. If I'm on relationship lane, I wouldn't be able to be non-sexual with him beyond that timeframe.

#8 Dante, Dec 30, 2015
    cypher21 and grownman dapped this.
  9. bpaisle

The 100 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    If we get to the point where we are in a relationship then I think that sort signals that one is committing to waiting for that person. As @ControlledXaos said, as long as they don't mind a little self satisfaction then I think that we'd be good. Sex is important but its not everything.

Nigerian Prince and ControlledXaos dapped this.
  10. ControlledXaos

Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Celibacy is all well and good but it wasn't mentioned in the universe of the original post.

11. Nigerian Prince

Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Single
    I like this. @cypher21 knows I can relate. Please WAIT!

I am a 26 year old gay virgin and there is nothing wrong with that. I know that most dudes in their 20s, especially gay dudes lol, are not virgins but it is okay. I am not necessarily saying that I have a 90 day rule before engaging in sex but I will know when it is right.

I have grown more confident and I see myself as a beautiful person. I think we all should look at ourselves that way. I believe that a man must work to have me. I am not like the Toyota, Honda, or even a BMW that gets advertised all over TV. I am more like a Ferrari or an Aston Martin that doesn't have to put my ish on display for attention. I believe that I am of high value and when that time comes....

cypher21 dapped this.
  12. Dr. Strange

Squad Leader The 100 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Single
    Okay, I have to be honest. This kind of sounds like what @Nick Delmacy was saying about guys who take forever to decide whether they like you or not. This seems like it goes along the same lines, if someone takes forever to decide they like you then they probably don't want to have sex with you either.

I can understand forgoing sex in order to connect on other levels first, like dating. However, relationship wise I can't understand because sex is a natural thing within a healthy relationship. In fact, I would go as far as to say that it's rather insulting. Its like your playing with that someone, saying that they are good enough to be with but not good enough to have sex with.

Personally I could wait during a dating state, but I would not enter into a relationship with someone without talking about sex or be in a sexless relationship. The idea of that sounds very limiting and I want my relationship to be all encompassing.

Sex can't replace intimacy and vice versa; they're both necessary.

13. Nigerian Prince

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Single
    Well isn't someone horny? lol JUST KIDDING.

Yeah I don't think anyone wants to be in a sexless relationship either! I don't plan to wait until marriage to engage in sexual activities BUT that man has to be worth it because I believe that I am (insert Z-snap here lol).

14. Dr. Strange

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Single
    Lol you got jokes, I'm a healthy sexual being (>_>); (<_<)!

cypher21 and Nigerian Prince dapped this.
  15. cypher21

The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Not looking
    What's a reasonable amount of time for you to wait then? I'm loving all the different thoughts on this..trying to get an understand of what my virginity should mean to me if that makes any sense...it's like what @Jaa said about the purity thing, it seems like that doesn't really apply or feels out of place...I can't explain properly sorry..but I wouldn't want a guy to feel like this specifically that's why I replied. If I'm seriously considering losing my virginity to you, then guess what?...
    [​IMG]

Probably more then most so that's not the reason.

LOL Alright now! :ufdup::umad:
    I died at the SoMo video lmbo!!

Nigerian Prince dapped this.
  16. Nigerian Prince

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Single
    Yeah I agree about really liking a guy if I decide to give it up.

LOL I LOVE THAT SONG.

17. Dr. Strange

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Single
    Well, I'm not an expert (disclaimer), but it depends. Time frames tend to vary depending on the frequency that one sees one another I think.

If one is just dating then sex is not required for that. But beyond that i feel its necessary. It all depends on what you're virginity means to you. It could be as simple as perhaps you're not ready.

Nigerian Prince and cypher21 dapped this.
  18. Jai

Jai Being strong minded.
    The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Asexual
    Dating:
    Single
    I'd wait. I lost my virginity as the other guy. I waited this long so.