WTF IS JUDGE JOE BROWN TALKING ABOUT HERE?

Discussion in 'Group Discussions' started by Nick Delmacy, May 28, 2021.

1. Nick Delmacy

Nick Delmacy is a Verified MemberNick Delmacy Da Architect
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
  2. Winston Smith

Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    (Maury Povich voice) "Joe Brown ... YOU ARE THE HOTEP!!!"

I-Stay-Woke and Nick Delmacy dapped this.
  3. Winston Smith

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Life is too precious to give these niggas your attention and time.

Remember, folks, a waste is a terrible to mind ....

4. Sean P

Squad Leader The 100 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    Seems like Joe knows as much about Lizzo and Cardi B twerking as he does about dudes wearing leather chaps with their dicks hanging out. He appears to be studying both closely... ijs.

Winston Smith dapped this.
  5. over-it

over-it Only the REAL

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    No lies detected

OckyDub dapped this.
  6. Franky

Franky Dreamer by day, Dreamer by night

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Dating:
    Single
    Well damn. His points are valid though. I, too have always wondered how gay pride parades (speaking mostly of white gay pride parades that are shown on many media outlets) have evolved from gays fighting for equality, social justice and promoting being proud to be gay/lesbian to (like Judge Joe Brown pointed out.) men on parade floats wearing ass-less chaps performing lewd sexual acts right in public. How do you take someone's agenda seriously when they're displaying nothing but debauchery? They're given a platform (literally) and they're wasting it.

alton, OckyDub and Fanon dapped this.
  7. Winston Smith

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    This was a hot discussion on one of the Twitter threads I follow. First of all, I don't know any "mainstream" gay pride events where there are guys walking around in chaps and public fucking. This is just a trope by non-LGBT people to deliberately conflate adult-only events like San Francisco's Folsom Street Fair, which has ALWAYS been an adults only event, with "mainstream" pride events in the attempt to squash ANY LGBT expression.

Even some so-called "allies" are so confused about the diversity of the LGBT community, they only focus in on one subcomponent. The makers of Angry Birds games, for example, put out a message that narrowly focused on leather folk and kind of mocked the fullness of the movement:

Hell, most Pride events are so water-downed to make cisgender and straight people feel comfortable they don't even feel like our events anymore. In Chicago, Pride Parade is treated as "Local Mardi Gras" for drunk-assed white college girls, who expect the LGBT participants to entertain them and be their gay and lesbian jigaboos (which is why I no longer give two fucks about the city's Pride events). The secretary of my federal agency sent out a "Happy Pride Month" (which sounds like something you say on Nick Jr.) email to employees that was so sugary and condescending that I wanted to reply, "Bitch, pride is not this year's fucking Easter Egg Hunt, Part II!". And don't get me started on the corporate usurpation of Pride, which is no different than when companies like Chase, McDonalds, etc. virtue signal to black folk and put out phony assed Kwanzaa messages, etc.

Finally, EVEN IF pride events were chaps and "debauchery", so what? You ever been to a Trinidadian or Caribbean carnival, where black women have ample asses and tits hanging out of tight, skimpy, feathered bikinis and little girls twerking like someone should be throwing dollars at them? Funny how people want to police the bodies and expressions of LGBT folk, but if straight folk engage in similar costumes or displays it's not considered "debauchery".

The LBGT community is not a monolith. If all the straight laced, neoliberal Pete Buttigieg types want a Disney Rainbow parade that won't scare off their hotep or MAGA relatives and friends, they're entitled to that. But those same conservative LGBT types need to shut the fuck up when OTHER gay folk are expressing themselves however they goddamned please....

OckyDub, Fanon and Franky dapped this.
  8. Winston Smith

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Okay, I get it now, Angry Bird folk. Your company is from Finland, as was Tom of Finland.

[​IMG]

I salute thee. Now, go and educate your stupid American, tight-ass corporate brethren.

9. Franky

Franky Dreamer by day, Dreamer by night

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Dating:
    Single
    Winston, you bring up some valid points. I agree that there is also displays of "debauchery" at hetero public social events. (probably more) I've seen it myself. I do recognize that not all LGTBQ events are like that. My comments weren't meant to be a general assessment of the gay community at large. It was an assessment and sort of translation (simply playing devil's advocate) of Judge Joe Brown's remarks.

10. Winston Smith

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    @Franky it's all good, bruh. We need to be able to bring up different viewpoints to understand the fullness of the situation. I just thought it was interesting for the losingest mofo in the NBA and a "pillar of the law" like the Judge, with arrests under his own belt, to act as if they are the experts on anything. Two brown stains ... lol

Franky dapped this.
  11. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    I interpreted this a bit different even though his 'Gay Pride float' example was a bit outdated. I heard...

A Black homosexual man handling his business is more respectable than Black heterosexuals acting overtly sexual in public; like at Trinidadian, Caribbean, or Puerto Rican pride celebration/parades.