Anthony Mackie Is Altered Carbon's New Leading Man for Season 2

Discussion in 'Television and Web Series' started by OckyDub, Jul 29, 2018.

1. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    [​IMG]

Netflix’s Altered Carbon is a dystopian thriller that plays with the idea of identity by imagining a world where human immortality can only be achieved through the systematic swapping of consciousnesses into the bodies of other, less fortunate people. Though it seemed the show’s future was in question, the streaming service has just announced it will indeed get a second season, and it’ll star Marvel actor Anthony Mackie.

With a premise like that, the series’ first season had the opportunity to play with the way that its characters moved through the world and made sense of one another as they hot-swapped minds and bodies left and right. In the now-renewed show’s second season, it’s definitely leaning into the conceit in a big way by recasting its lead role.

According to the Hollywood Reporter, Mackie has signed on to play Takeshi Kovacs, the convicted criminal turned detective who was portrayed by Joel Kinnaman in the first season. At the end of the season one, Kovacs gave up his “sleeve” (the body of a cop named Ryker which contained Kovacs’ mind) in order to save his life, and so Mackie’s casting was already more or less seamlessly woven into the plot. Though Kovacs was played in his original body in flashbacks by Will Yun Lee (and also briefly by Byron Mann) in the first season, showrunner Laeta Kalogridis said Kovacs would prefer an Asian sleeve if he had the choice.

It’ll be interesting to see what Mackie brings to the role and Takeshi’s identity given the nature of Altered Carbon’s narrative when the show returns sometime in the near future.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/anthony-mackie-is-altered-carbons-new-leading-man-1827925687

thane, Infinite_loop and DFW Brutha dapped this.
  2. DFW Brutha

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    I'm optimistic that [​IMG] !

thane dapped this.
  3. takeyourmeds91

The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Oh shit, they got greenlit for a second season!

thane dapped this.
  4. thane

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Single
    xK7R339.gif Just when I think Altered Carbon can't be as good as I think it is they do this, can it get even better? It exists in is radical future universe, its thought provoking, its dirty,its sexy and its very, very disturbing...but I can't stop watching, why can't I stop watching!

takeyourmeds91 dapped this.