Conservative Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia Found Dead

Discussion in 'Race, Religion, Science and Politics' started by Nick Delmacy, Feb 13, 2016.

1. Jdudre

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
  2. @yahoo.com

@yahoo.com When the lights get low, I Burn Brighter.
    The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Single
    ...And good riddance, Sucka!

Cyrus-Brooks dapped this.
  3. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    How the hell could Ginsburg be best friends with this @sshole? I can see being friends with someone you had some differences with, but really? they did all kinds of things together..even vacationed together. I guess as long as you are one of the elite yourself and you are not one of the ones he thought were 'less than' then he was a great guy?

4. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    And you had me pretty much hating her over her private prison enrichment, etc and I was turning on her and then you do this. lol I guess I can hate her and still vote for her if you can. But she is damaged goods to me now. Damn you. lol

5. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    I REALLY REALLY don't like her. I still agree though, would my vote for her really matter in GA.

6. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    I don't think so. I am pretty sure Georgia is going red. It is not considered a swing state. Now if by some miracle things were close... I am not telling you what you should do, but I think you could vote(or not vote) your conscience and it would not have an impact. I kind of hate the Electoral College thing. There is a reason that the candidates will inundate places like Ohio and Florida and ignore California. The dems have that state in the bag and everyone knows it so why bother? Those electoral votes are going to the dems so no need to fight for them.
    From what I have read though, Georgie will be a swing state in the not so distant future. Probably all the black gays flocking to the place lol.

What I really wish is that all of you sane Georgians could relocate to Florida temporarily and vote there and stop that state from doing something crazy.

7. Sean P

Squad Leader The 100 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    The Electoral College is a serious problem… We don't actually have 1 person 1 vote. Yet, in the states of NC, SC, GA and FL, I'm not sure if the problem is gerrymandering or another insidious problem.

I often feel that the Black church and its mantra of "if it's God's will" does some damage. While my 102 year old grandmother in SC makes it to the polls to vote, I can't say the same for many of the church folks in the generations that came after her. My grandmother remembers the sting of being denied access to the ballot. Thus, while she's deeply religious and often quotes religious sayings that rub me the wrong way, she knows that her vote could actually make a difference.

If people of color and other disenfranchised individuals could have heard the emotion in my grandmother's voice when I called her after the 2008 primary and general elections to ask what it felt like to be a 94 year old woman who just helped elect the first Black President, I am confident that none of the states that I listed above would be solidly red. Ah…perchance to dream…there's the rub...

ColumbusGuy dapped this.