Hey Granny!

Discussion in 'Group Discussions' started by Jai, Dec 12, 2017.

1. Jai

Jai Being strong minded.
    The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Asexual
    Dating:
    Single
    So... I know I can be one of the mouthier posters on here (no sexual puns) but today was my Grandma birthday. After, talking to her, I realized that I haven't seen any of my relatives in almost 7 years. I haven't traveled to see them.

Anywho, talking to her made me wonder. Well, Grandma isn't going too be here forever, why do I act like she is?

Then I wondered about my great cousin in Milwaukee. I remember chatting with him & he was talking his talk. I hadn't seen him since I was seven and we started talking because my great uncle had died. But he was talking about him being in his younger days and the fine girls and getting pussy. Meanwhile, he always had to leave for a certain time because of a check-up he would say. He always said that. The last I heard from him was several months ago. Called, no response. Hmmm.

Then, I thought about my mother's cousin who was sentenced to life (I was told) in Angola prison for a rape and murder. He used to always send me pics and letters for years and tell me not to end up like he did, prison ain't the place for young black men, don't get caught up. He was a good poet too and sent me birthday gift cards. I used to enjoy his letters. He would send me pics of him and his group and they lil sports team. The Prison system has some talented men. So one day when I was 16, I sent him a letter but I never got a reply. I waited and waited for his letter but it never came to me even after five months of waiting. I asked my mother why he stopped sending me letters...she didn't say anything...just looked. The years went by and I still don't know what happened to him but I have an idea.

Is there anyone from your childhood that you remember? Anyone you haven't seen or talked to in a long time but maybe want to?

#1 Jai, Dec 12, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2017
    Boaxy dapped this.
  2. Boaxy

Boaxy SO FIERCE
    The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Single
    Yes I had a few cousins and teachers when I was young that I miss. I also have some deceased close family members, my identical twin brother and my mother who I miss.