I only date guys with high credit scores

Discussion in 'Dating and Relationships' started by mojoreece, Aug 26, 2016.

1. Winston Smith

Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    HGTV calls them tiny homes and even that is a misnomer. It just represents more of the zero sum economic bullshit from both Dems and Repubs. Hillary: there's not enough to go around we must share but give corporate Wall Street whatever it wants. Trump: There's not enough to go around kill all the brown people! Neither offers a realistic macroeconomic growth strategy. It's like it's 1981 again and we're back to Lester Thurow bullshit.

Thomas Sowell wrote many years ago how the US was so large that every person in the US at the time (early 90s) could easily fit in a nice 2 bedroom home in just the state of Texas. It's one thing if you're a hippy or greeny and you believe in living in a box for environmental or ideological purposes. I just hope millenials aren't accepting this as aspirational defeat and that good times are gone forever.

mojoreece dapped this.
  2. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    This is all going on a time when the average home size in the US has been steadily increasing. The average existing home size was around 1800 square feet back around 2000..I am sure it is larger than that now. The reason being that the average new house being built is over 2500 square feet. The problem is that not many new houses are being built for the lower end or middle income end-who are relegated to 'preowned' housing because of this. We don't need more McMansions and as the existing housing stock ages we need more affordable housing built. Much of what was built post war in the building boom was 'slapped together' and will not continue to age well.

Homeownership rates are declining for a number of reasons, but part of it is that the supply is often not meeting demand, or the supply is in areas where jobs are not. Getting an affordable house in a place like Buffalo is not a problem. Finding a job with a decent living wage there is a problem. Same for apartments-look at Columbus. Rents went up 17% last year(in Columbus!), and the average house is on the market for less than 45 days-almost half the national average. The population is growing faster than the supply, but the damn developers are only building luxury.

Also these 'small apartments' are really not a deal, since they still have bathrooms and kitchens-where most of the cost in building is. There are people here paying over $1,000 a month for 350 square feet, while for $1,500 you can get 900 square feet, two bedrooms, and a roommate. The savings don't add up really. The cost per square foot for these very small units is greater than most.

There was an article saying the housing market in Cbus was the 7th best in the nation-but it only looked at this from the view of people who already own a home and can get more $$$ for it-not from the point of view of people trying to buy a home-who are paying more and facing all kinds of competition. And the same is true for apartments. Usually with many new apartments coming on line, there is a greater vacancy among older apartments. But that is not the case. The vacancy rate is very low(around 3 percent) among all apartments, no matter how old or decrepit. It is a matter of homebuilders, developers, property owners, etc. squeezing the population to the max to get the most $$$$. And poorer people remain trapped in areas they cannot escape from.

*yes very long sorry.

#37 ColumbusGuy, Aug 29, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2016
    mojoreece dapped this.
  3. SwagJack

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    Everybody got standards, I guess. I mean...some dudes don't date women that don't have double d's so...

4. JodyBell87

Squad Leader The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    I would never not date a man because he has bad credit. As long as he worked hard and I see he pays his bills, I'm not worried about that. Now, if we were getting married, we'd have to higher a legal team to clean it up, but I would not NOT date someone over that. I believe in love over money. I'd date a janitor if he worked hard to pay bills and treated me well.

mojoreece dapped this.