Is Valentine's (not ValenTIME'S LOL) Day Overrated?

Discussion in 'Dating and Relationships' started by Nigerian Prince, Feb 14, 2017.

1. Nigerian Prince

Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Single
    I swear I never cared about Valentine's Day until my twin brother's boyfriend dropped off a Hallmark card, Teddy Bear, Balloons and a Bag of Gifts at the crib as a surprise for my bro to see after work! I'm here like... WHAT ABOUT MEEEEE? HAHAHA but it is all good though.

I was listening to The Breakfast Club Radio Show on YouTube this morning and many people called in stating their opinions. Some feel it is 'Singles Awareness Day' or 'Side Chick (or Dude) Awareness Day'! LOL.

Do you guys think V-Day is overrated? Talk about it!!!

collegeboiupui dapped this.
  2. acessential

Squad Leader Best Thread Creator The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Yes it is. There are 364 other days of the year that can be just as romantic and love filled. No need to select an arbitrary date.

But, it can be enjoyable for folks. And it is nice knowing that everyone is collectively in the same love-filled mood.

collegeboiupui and DC. dapped this.
  3. Nicholan

Nicholan Squad Member

Daps Received:
    LOL @ "Singles Awareness Day."

basically...

[​IMG]

No, but really I don't care about Valentine's Day. Yesterday I actually kept forgetting that it was V-day. The thing that kept reminding me were the dozens of couples I saw as I scrolled down my Instagram feed. Didn't bother me any though.

Even if I were in a relationship, V-day wouldn't be a big deal for me. I wouldn't expect my partner to do anything for me on V-day and hopefully he wouldn't expect anything from me. Like someone else said, there are 364 other days in a year to do stuff. Valentine's Day doesn't validate SHIT!

It's all a front...lol.

I will say though that I am happy for other people who do have partners. I have gotten to a point where I have to understand that...

It's not all about me!

So for those who happily have partners, and hell--for those who are single & just as happy, I'm happy for all of you too!