Je me tiens avec Paris, France

Discussion in 'Group Discussions' started by BlackguyExecutive, Nov 15, 2015.

1. BlackguyExecutive

BlackguyExecutive Je suis diplomate
    Squad Leader Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Married
    When terror strikes it causes all of us to take pause and realize that life is indeed short and that evil does exist in our world. I watch with horror the events that unfolded in Paris, France over the weekend and I can only say "Prier pour Paris" or Pray for Paris. I have watched as my Twitter Feed and Facebook filled with commentary on the events. People had a wide range of opinions and are trying to make sense of this complicated world. I am hopeful because of the outpouring of support that I have witness from all corners of the globe and I am reminded that good will ultimately defeat evil. Terrorists may have dimmed the lights in the City of Light but it cannot completely produce the kinds of darkness that they are trying to achieve.

[​IMG]

I have spent the last year preparing to move to France to serve the US and our interests and these attacks don't change my objective or my will but I am reminded that our lives of precious. I stand in solidarity with my Friends in France. I also stand in solidarity with my Friends in Kenya and Lebanon. ISIL is a cancer that has to be aggressively attacked. We must recognize that we can no longer manage these symptoms, ISIL cannot be contained. It must be destroyed. With that being said, I believe that the current circumstances that ISIL presents is a battle for the soul of Islam and it is imperative that the Arab States, the Gulf States, Iran and others need to put aside their differences and fight for their way of life because the West and proven we cannot make the difference for them. Sorry for my rant but I didn't want to post anything to my facebook or twitter but I had some things to get off my chest.

[​IMG]

#1 BlackguyExecutive, Nov 15, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2015
  2. Cyrus-Brooks

Cyrus-Brooks is a Featured MemberCyrus-Brooks The Black Vulcan
    Squad Leader Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    I will say I feel sorry for the people who lost their lives in the attack. I don't feel sorry for France, and here's why This is a monster of their own making and it has come back to bite them in the ass. As for ISIS, the rich Arab states of the Gulf are funding ISIS and large numbers of Saudis have joined that organization. Just like most of the 9/11 hijackers were also Saudis. Saudi Arabia has been funding and promoting islamofascist Wahhabist Sunni Muslim groups all over the world for decades. Don't expect the Saudis and the Iranians to "put aside their differences." This is a sectarian religious war and both Sunni Arabs and Shia Persians are dug in on their respective sides. Islam is a monstrous death cult so I'm not surprised by the attacks in Paris.

grownman and ctforbes dapped this.
  3. grownman

The 100 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Me and a coworker were talking about the same issue. I am glad that you brought that up because the same thoughts were going through mind. But, I didn't want to say it.

#3 grownman, Nov 16, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2015
    Cyrus-Brooks dapped this.
  4. BlackguyExecutive

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Married

[​IMG]

Touche!! I will concede your point. With that being said, I am come to the conclusion that the West really cannot change the trajectory of a broken Middle East and we certainly cannot do to the those who are affected if they are not willing to do it for them selves. I am worried that is recent escalation from ISIL/Daesh is going to result in Mission Creep in which the United States will put more of our men and women in harms way to fight someone else's fight. On the other hand, I probably have a more hawkish view towards ISIL then my of my peers and believe that we must rid the world of this infectious cancer that is ISIL and return them to the stone ages where they belong.

Cyrus-Brooks dapped this.
  5. Cyrus-Brooks

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    Lmfao @ Dean Winchester. He's hilarious. With that outta the way I will say I agree with your "hawkish" position regarding how to respond to ISIS. I think military force should be used to destroy them. I think what the US is doing is counterproductive by supporting so called "moderate rebels" in Syria and trying to overthrow the legal government of Syria they're just clearing a path for ISIS or Al Qaeda to take over. It seems to me that the Russians are actually the right thing by supporting the Syrian government. This is my opinion and it probably unpopular, because will seem heartless, but I think the key to defeating radical Islam is to encourage the two sides Sunni and Shia to fight each other. Let the Islamofascists destroy themselves.

6. BlackguyExecutive

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Married
    Well I think that Syrian President Bashir Assad is an evil doer too, you know using chemical weapons on his own people but that is apparently secondary at this point. I think the Russian are trying to protect it investments in Syria is THE ONLY reason why Russia is involved. I mean Russia has an interest in pushing back ISIL because it has its own Jihadist Terrorism problem particularly in Chechnya and are probably worried that radicalization can happen. but all of this is in the strategic interests of the US and the west and in the strategic interests of the Russians. Two words, Energy Security. What I am baffled by is that the Saudis and the Iranians are not recognizing the existential threat that ISIL poses to them. If more territory falls it brings those radical factions right to their doorstep. The Ayatollahs and the Saudi King may like their positions of power now...but wait to the Caliphate hits their people and sympathy grows...there are a whole lot of disaffected people in the Middle East. The Arab spring should have taught them that no leader is safe regardless of how ruthless they may be.

7. Nick Delmacy

Nick Delmacy is a Verified MemberNick Delmacy Da Architect
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    I'm kinda upset and sad by this comment.

Its not as if a government building was attacked. This happened in a public place where many young people were populated and died. Young people who had nothing to do with the politics any of the memes you reposted from a dude with a headless and shirtless gym selfie (if the "facts" are even true at all, the source is clearly questionable).

You're entitled to your own opinion, but it does reflect an insensitivity to human life.

8. Cyrus-Brooks

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    I'm not saying President Assad is a good guy but he's better than the alternative. But before the so called Arab spring happened Syria was relatively stable, productive, and secular society. The Arab Spring failed every where it tried to take route. Libya is now a failed state with two factions fighting for control. Tunisia has a fragile democracy with Islamists making inroads, Egypt saw an Islamist government take over but the military overthrew it. Syria is complete and utter mess. Democracy can't and doesn't work in the middele-east and won't work for the foreseeable future. As soon as democratic movement starts Islamofascists take over. The idiots in Washington DC, keep supporting these movements then are surprised when groups like Al Qaeda, ISIS, or the Muslim Brotherhood take power. Yet they keep doing the same thing over and over and keep expecting a different result. That's the definition of insanity.

9. Cyrus-Brooks

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    Like I said, I do feel sorry for the people killed in the attack. They are the innocent victims. I just feel any kind of sympathy for the French government because they helped to create this situation. I can separate my feelings about the French government from the French people who were killed. You make an incorrect assumption I'm very sensitive to human life and human suffering which is why I denounce Islam and religion as a whole. France has also inflicted alot of suffering on black people and created the situation of current middle-east which is fuel jihad movement. That is the point I'm making. Islamists don't make a distinction between military, government, and civilian targets which is how they're able to attack western countries. Civilians are "soft targets." Which is why they go after them first instead of government or military facilities. Which is why these people are so dangerous and should be eliminated.