Joe: Dem primary system rigged against voters

Discussion in 'Race, Religion, Science and Politics' started by OckyDub, Apr 11, 2016.

1. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    Not to be funny but shit like this is the reason why potential voters like @alton don't vote.

mojoreece dapped this.
  2. DreG

DreG is a Featured MemberDreG Art Heaux
    Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    For better or worse,we're a capitalist country.A camapaign is a big pageant where they tell us "I love God and family like ou,and I'll lower taxes" but basically they're just telling the deep pockets "pay my way in and I'll create policies to support your interests" ,so none of this shocks me.

I vote out of a sense of social responsibility ,but i don't always feel like it matters.At the same time,I can't complain when I didn't exert the teeny tiny bit of effort I could have.

mojoreece, BlackExcellence and grownman dapped this.
  3. alton

Squad Leader The Great Debater The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    I'll be totally honest....they might as well be speaking Mandarin Chinese. I have NO comprehension of what they're talking about.

4. NikR

Bae Material The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Single
    "He won by 12 points!!! 12!"

The vote was 156-124.

The rules are what they are. Remember in 2008 when Obama won the nomination because he very carefully figured out how to maximize his delegate numbers while also losing the popular vote? About 300,000 more people vote for Hillary than Barack. He won anyways since his vote was efficient though hers was concentrated.

It's an fallible system established by fallible men. It's what we have right now. It's not what needs or will be around in 50 years, but people should take action.

DreG, grownman, OckyDub and 2 others dapped this.
  5. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Everyone knows that Joe is a Republican POS but when it suits your Bernie agenda you are all up in bed with him. Yeah if this was so important why did you not complain about it before-why now, because it is not working in your candidates favor? Show me where this was an issue with you from 6 months ago????? *waits*.

If it was Bernie who was getting the benefit of these (stupid I will admit) super-delegates would you really have posted this?

6. OckyDub

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    :snoop::dead::dead::mjlol::mjlol:

alton dapped this.
  7. BlackExcellence

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    I'm OK with superdelegates being left to the dustbin of history however Bernie would still be losing anyway without them so this is much ado about nothing.

8. alton

Squad Leader The Great Debater The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:

For real, my dude. I'm not politically savvy at all. I have no interest in politics and I have no capability to try and discuss it in depth. I just look at it all "on the surface", and on the surface this whole election is one big reality show. The rest of the world has to see us as a big joke.

9. OckyDub

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    This is what you got? So how long you been on here and you have NEVER heard me or anyone else talking about super delegates? Really? We have what; two podcasts that are political in nature where I talked about it and READ a list of super delegates. #FAIL
    :francis:
    This type of response is / was to be expected. BUT did you notice how you didn't answer the question...only attacked the messenger/s?

:dahell:

10. OckyDub

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    :umad:

11. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    You both have admitted that nobody listens to the podcasts with the exception of yourselves and your man-so that shit doesn't count. And I asked why the question was being asked now and if it would be asked if things were the other way around-and did you not see the (stupid I will admit) part? But that is the way it is set and there is nothing we can do about it. It does suck but we knew that going in now didn't we? What is the point of complaining now? At this time? I am agreeing the superdelegates suck-but then they sucked in the last election and the one before that didn't they?

I am agreeing in a sense, I am also just additionally pointing out what I see as sour grapes dude.

:comeon:

*Nick said that about the podcasts..lol..I just used what he said...you know I have admitted I have listened to them all. lol I did not say I remembered everthing though.

#11 ColumbusGuy, Apr 11, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2016
    NikR dapped this.
  12. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    So by this thread I take it that @alton is not going to vote? Well if not, that is not a big deal. The Australian I have the bet with regarding Trump was complaining about the fact that voting is mandatory there-you have to vote-it is required by law. That sucks-voting is a right and a privilege, but it is not a requirement here and that is the way it should be. That is just one more thing that I like about us-you have the option to participate or not participate.

Similar to our free speech-how much of what we say would be against the law in other nations like Canada or Australia or parts of Europe. I may not agree with people like the Fred Phelps of the US, but I will defend their right to spew as long as they are not inciting violence or calling for violence. Same with the KKK-hate them, but they have the right to exist and spew their hatred, as long as they are not calling for violence. Look up Emma Goldman-she was instrumental in the founding of the American Civil Liberties Union.

13. Nick Delmacy

Nick Delmacy is a Verified MemberNick Delmacy Da Architect

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    I saw this bullshyt on Morning Joe this morning. How is the system rigged for Hillary when she has more votes?! If they're saying the votes should matter above all else, Hillary would STILL have a huge lead. As of today, she has 2.4 MILLION freaking more votes than Bernie Sanders. If it should be no delegates or super-delegates and majority votes win, she still has the advantage. This BS narrative the Hillary is unpopular, un-electable and that the DNC is rigging the system is tiresome. Bernie has had 9 months to make his case and most of the people participating in the process have rejected it thus far.

NikR and BlackExcellence dapped this.
  14. OckyDub

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    Who said "rigged for Hillary?" I didn't hear that. He clearly said rigged AGAINST VOTERS. Meka clearly said "no one is saying rigged for Hillary." See your bias?

Your point about who has more votes is exactly IT. Nothing more. All this other stuff in defense of Hillary is irrelevant because no one attacked her.

In this one instance, Bernie clearly won the state and got less delegates...question is are you okay with it and how does that make sense? These rules don't make sense as Dems point and laugh at the Repubs. Even without the delegates...if the candidate fairly wins the state that should be the end of it.

FYI... MANY super delegates pledged their support for her before the race even started last year. That means their plan was to ignore the popular vote in there state and support Hillary regardless of how voters vote. Great...your candidate is winning and will most likely win; what does that have to do with what makes sense, fairness and logic as it pertains to the Dem delegate and super delegate system?

15. Nick Delmacy

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Both Joe and Mika have been saying this entire election cycle that the DNC and Debbie Waserman-Schultz (sic) have been tryng to set up the nomination for Hillary, that's where my point is coming from. They start off their "rigged against the voters" rant right after reporting that Bernie won the state in votes but got less delegates than Hillary, how can one not assume that's what they meant. Even Mark Halperin made that assumption in the moment, sitting right next to them!

They LOVE Trump and HATE Hillary on that show.

But I'll say again, even if you take the entire delegate system away, the "system" is still supporting "the democratic will of the people."

2.4 Million more votes.

If Bernie had more 2.4 million more votes than her, but was still behind by over 200 pledged delegates, I would see the "rigged against voters" argument. But that's not the case here.

Same on the GOP side, all that shit Trump talks, he's not cleaning up as much as he claims. By this time in 2012, Mitt Romney had a larger delegate and vote lead with the Republican base.

I hate the Delegate system too but I do get why it exists: To balance out the states/counties with greater populations with those with lower populations. This is the same system that Barack Obama expertly manipulated to beat Hillary, McCain and Romney. As with sports, people only complain about the rules when their team is losing.

NikR dapped this.
  16. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Did the same system not exist in the last election, and the election before that?

(^^ this is about superdelegates. List of Democratic Party superdelegates, 2008 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia )

Oh wait..it DID exist and matter. Where were you then or in 2012? Can you show us evidence that you were as upset then as you are now? Or is it just a problem now that your anti-Hillary...er I mean Bernie is not benefiting from it?

Your motives are suspect Ocky. It is not a good look. Just sayin' :yeshrug:

17. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Fuck this. You all will still be friends no matter what but I will just be the more hated evil white guy. I don't give a fuck who gets in the White House as long as it is has a pulse and is a Democrat!

18. OckyDub

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    :snoop:....Politicians have to manipulate as you just stated to win VS the candidate that gets the most votes. This simple acknowledgment and observation is one of many reasons why citizens are disenchanted with American politics and voting. Everything else...dances around this issue.

19. Nick Delmacy

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Manipulate was probably the wrong word...I meant "take advantage of the rules." To use video game terms, its no different than a person who uses the correct game controller power move combinations against an opponent in a fighting game vs someone who thinks landing the most X-button punches and Y-button kicks is enough.

The rules haven't changed in decades and were created to balance voting out. California and New York shouldn't have the power to choose every president just because they have more people than any other state.

20. OckyDub

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    I have been disenchanted with America and its institutions since I was in middle school.

I'll say this....I'm almost 40 yrs old and you have been on this website a very short time within its 5 yrs life. Dude, you don't know me and please don't ever pretend you do.

21. OckyDub

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    Oh no sir...you said it perfectly the first time.

22. Nick Delmacy

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Just like Bill Clinton said, activists and protestors hate hearing the truth.

23. OckyDub

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    Out of all the people to quote you went with slick dick Billy?

The fact the most mainstream voters stay content and vote against their own interest, is mostly the reason the country continues to move forward at a snail's pace.

*We don't have paper or a record of our vote from hackable electronic voting machines (how long have we known this problem exists?).
    *We don't have a national voting holiday or weekend voting.
    *Candidates have to use delegates, super delegates, electoral college, etc. vs just who has the most national popular votes.
    *Taxation without representation for convicted felons.​

I can go on of course but we have a serious problem with the illusion of democracy in the good old USA

We don't have these common sense simplicities because change is "hard" and people either don't know nor care.

Why is turnout so low in U.S. elections? We make it more difficult to vote than other democracies

Seven Voting Reforms Other Countries Have Used To Boost Their Turnout Rate

But hey...as long as my candidate/team/party wins, fuk everything else. Its about now and campaigning for the next election.

2024 Candidates...
    Chelsea Clinton, a Bush, Mark Rubio and Bristol Palin

24. NikR

Bae Material The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Single
    ummm, I don't know about that. And definitely not for me!

25. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    I was stretching I will admit and was just tired from fighting with people on other parts of the internet. I never claimed to 'know you' as I was only commenting on one small issue which was the concern over superdelegates. My response over one issue hardly suggested that I 'know you' to any extent at all from what I appear to see you doing over this one. small. issue. -which I really don't care too much about actually-don't know why I even commented-maybe why my 'I don't give a fuck stupid response came up-why am I caring about this?

So please don't make what I said into more than what it was.

26. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    It was a stupid response lol. I was just fed up from fighting with people on the internet(not here) and I really don't care about this particular issue that much-especially at this time when nothing can be done about it-any change cannot happen in the middle of campaigns obviously.

Sometimes when an issue is being discussed and Ocky and Nick are going at it, it just becomes all about them-basically it is their bicker thread and that is it-which is fine it is their site. But it kind of becomes pointless to be in the thread when that happens.

Just how I see it very occasionally happening on this site and not in any way an indictment of Ocky, Nick, this site, gay masculine black men in general, gay black men in general, black men in general, black people in general- just so I don't get accused of 'knowing that which is unknowable'. It is just an observation based on a few instances and NOTHING MORE.