LGBTQ awards show nominates African “Hunk of the Year” who said he’d disown his gay son

Discussion in 'LGBT News and Events' started by Nick Delmacy, Oct 4, 2018.

1. Nick Delmacy

Nick Delmacy is a Verified MemberNick Delmacy Da Architect
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    tumi-seeco.jpg

The LGBTI Feather Awards in South Africa “recognizes and celebrates the LGBTI community and iconic personalities and achievers who inspire the LGBTI community.”

Or at least… it tries to.

Unfortunately, whoever did this year’s nominating made a pretty glaring error: A nominee for “Hunk of the Year” turned out to have an ugly antigay past.

Tumi Seeco (above) is a fitness model and Instagrammer with a sizable following.

db62853b5cd04f04bb590bbf50372629.png

He also once said he’d disown his son if he “turned gay”, so he’s probably not the best candidate for any awards from the LGBTQ community or any community for that matter.

To the Feather Awards’ credit, they dropped him just hours after announcing this year’s nominees.

That doesn’t make Seeco’s comments on gay people any less off-putting, however.

In two since-deleted tweets, he had these pearls of wisdom to share with the world:

tweet-1-670x480.jpg

tweet-2-670x353.jpg

unnamed (1).jpg

unnamed.jpg

The Feather Awards released this statement after the tweets were uncovered:

Then it was discovered that another one of their nominees had been homophobic in the past as well.

816d3893c9d24a13bb28a2d41373aa7a.jpg

The Feather Awards eventually nominated a new Hunk of the Year in Seeco’s place:

“The Feather Awards extends their heartfelt congratulations to [Advocate of the High Court, Dominic Khumalo] on the occasion of his nomination, and wishes him all the best in the run-up to the awards event,” the statement went on to read.

We’d say he’s got a good shot:

LGBTQ awards show nominates “Hunk of the Year” who said he’d disown his gay son

#1 Nick Delmacy, Oct 4, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
  2. bpaisle

The 100 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Based on Tumi’s tweets, he needs to be nominated for some grammar classes.

3. Jai

Jai Being strong minded.
    The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Asexual
    Dating:
    Single
    Well, he has muscles and is light. You know gays will give anything with abs, muscles and tattoos a chance. I'm not surprised though. Those thirst-bots can't be quenched even if they were tossed into the Nile butt first. The second guy reminds me of a weasel.

I don't know why gay men drool for the straights, I find straight men a complete turn off the minute I find out he reads the vagina monologues. I don't even support them so meh...whate wha floats your boat I suppose.

Cyrus-Brooks dapped this.
  4. Cyrus-Brooks

Cyrus-Brooks is a Featured MemberCyrus-Brooks The Black Vulcan
    Squad Leader Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    AaQYP9zh24UFi.gif
    I'm not at all surprised. I think it's funny that gays or should I say LGBT community is taken aback and clutches their pearls when they find out their latest thirst trap is homophobic. I expect homophobia by default from heterosexual black men especially black men who are from the Caribbean or Africa. Straight men are homophobic unless proven otherwise in my book. The gays will still lust after him though even knowing he despises them. The one thing I've learned in my travels is many gay men have no self respect.

SB3, mojoreece and Nick Delmacy dapped this.
  5. mojoreece

Bae Material The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    :lupe1: wait Im confused. If its a LGBTI award shouldn't the nominee actually be LGBTI/same gender loving.?:thinkemoji:

:ufdup:see that's where they messed up at in the 1st place

Demetri, Cyrus-Brooks and Dante dapped this.
  6. Dante

Dante https://www.gofundme.com/qv7v5dw
    The Great Debater The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Single
    So an Instagrammer a career now?

Same script, different cast. Heterosexuals, especially men, should never be given the opp to give opinions or a statement on certain things. And human sexuality is one of them.

Cyrus-Brooks and mojoreece dapped this.
  7. Demetri

Demetri Lurker

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Single
    I'm not surprised by this. A lot of these LGBT awards are a joke. Awards are handed out for the most shallow bullshit reasons. They knew handing this man (gay or not) an award would do nothing for the community ...but he's hot, so whatever.

mojoreece dapped this.