Mom Throws Son out of Home because He Voted for Trump in Mock School Election

Discussion in 'Race, Religion, Science and Politics' started by OckyDub, Nov 12, 2016.

1. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    The trauma that boys face at school and home is often ignored or placed on the back burner as the focus is on uplifting and empowering girls and women. Meanwhile male suicide rates continues to grow. Personally I feel there is more trauma in young Black boys as a collective but that's just me.

Winston Smith and Cyrus-Brooks dapped this.
  2. Cyrus-Brooks

Cyrus-Brooks is a Featured MemberCyrus-Brooks The Black Vulcan
    Squad Leader Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    This was hard to watch. But I think you're right. This is perfect example of how many black women abuse their sons. Then they wonder why black men behave the way they do especially toward women. Ways Single Mothers Destroy their sons

I-Stay-Woke and Winston Smith dapped this.
  3. Winston Smith

Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Lol, not at this situation but myself. I got into it with Ock a couple of months back about how women are treated and we should be (Phil Donahue voice) more sensitive...then reality of the last two months of Hillary and the depths of evil that the BLACK women (or WOC like Huma) involved with her reached made me all like
    [​IMG]

And don't count the number of ghetto mamas I've seen who smack the shit out of the son because he look/acted/named after "your worthless father"

Some misguided hoteps will think this shit was funny or "she taught him". And don't get me started on even posting shit like this on social media (now he grows up with this forever on the Net). Did that kid even know what the hell was going on in the election? Trump was just another TV star to him. I remember at his age being mad because special reports on CBS, NBC and ABC messed with with my cartoons ("We interrupt this program to bring you breaking news of President Reagan being shot." "I was watching Battle of the Planets!!!'").

And let's face it, if you're a little black boy that doesn't know what's going on, you'd pick Trump over a castrating, cold bitch like Hillary, too just on child psychology and impressions....

Smh

#3 Winston Smith, Nov 12, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2016
  4. OhSheit

Bae Material The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Bicurious
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    Damn, black men either wanna be black women or hate them with a passion.

itsumoconfused and @yahoo.com dapped this.
  5. OckyDub

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    Well, I can only speak for myself...but when I see trauma in black boys and how it manifest itself negatively through out time, many times the root of that trauma begins with their Black single mother.

Its unfortunate (also stereotypically regressive in my opinion) but the above video has been added to the other hundreds or even thousands of black women video taping themselves mistreating their children.

My question to you is, how does high lighting and calling attention to the fact that many Black mothers abuse and torment black boys equals "hatred" of Black women? I see only two comments and neither stated that to me (maybe I missed it).

#5 OckyDub, Nov 12, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2016
  6. Cyrus-Brooks

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    In a Relationship

I fail to see how pointing out the disfunctional and destructive behaviors of some black mothers towards their sons equates to hating black women? That sounds like regressive feminist "logic" to me. @Ockydub makes a good point on how black boys are mistreated and traumatized and everyone is OK with that. If you have any doubt look at how discipline in schools is disproportionately directed at black boys. Black boys get punished more often and more harshly than any other group. Look at they abysmal dropout and academic achievement rates of black boys. Look at how many black boys and men get swept up into the criminal "justice" system. We get the harshest sentences out of any group. Look at the suicide and homicide rates for black men and boys we have it worse than any other group. We have the shortest life expectancy. Yet all these things are ignored. So again I don't see how addressing our horrific situation is equivalent to hating black women. We're in serious trouble and no one seems to give a shit.

ControlledXaos, Dante, alton and 2 others dapped this.
  7. SB3

SB3 is a Featured MemberSB3
    Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Umm, yall are goin in! I cant watch the vid cus it's restricted (stream/dload) on amtrak wifi. I will chime once im back in ny

ControlledXaos dapped this.
  8. mojoreece

Bae Material The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    A better thing for her to do would be to education her child politically on the issues and get an understanding of why he voted for trump. Help the kid to learn about politics etc. Let the kid form his own political identity. All your teaching him is that he has to agree with you on everything and cant form his own ideas or he will be punished. Some parents have to understand you cant control your kids; they can only guide them. Some ppl shouldn't be allowed to ever have kids.She also shouldn't of posted this on line cause the police and DSS will be knocking at her door pretty soon.

ControlledXaos and Cyrus-Brooks dapped this.
  9. OckyDub

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    I agree...this is how we have now devolved into as a society. If opinions are different they are to be condemned and on many levels, liberals are worse at it.

10. OhSheit

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Bicurious
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    Why am I being attacked?

11. @yahoo.com

@yahoo.com When the lights get low, I Burn Brighter.
    The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Single
    that hoe needs to go to jail. she can show her displeasure with his choice, but she also needs to let him know why she wouldn't have voted for trump. besides, any beliefs he has came from her fat single ass. and got another one walking around. Thats why trump gonna cut off her social services. lol

12. Winston Smith

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    See, that's the problem faced when criticizing women. You can't say you want to be treated equally, which includes being equally critiqued, then throw out adjectives like "sexist" or "misogynist" when it's convenient and a man critiques women's behavior.

I-Stay-Woke, SB3, ControlledXaos and 3 others dapped this.
  13. OhSheit

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Bicurious
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    I didn't think you guys would take my post to heart I mean it was just a joke.

However, I always find it hard to be in spaces with black men and black women where even if they're just criticizing each other it just comes off as if they're blaming the other group for all their oppression and just nagging too fucking much. That's annoying.

I don't have the same experiences with single black mothers as you guys do so I guess I'm ignorant and being insensitive to how you feel. I am Black and grew up in the hood like the next person but I can't really say much based on personal experience. I actually had it good when it came to black women in my family and neighborhood and I can't really speak on the other boys I grew up with.

With certain issues I can only point out some stereotypical things to criticize about the black community based on what I see in the media or in passing. And as a gay black man I do love it when black people get scolded for things they do or say, but Ocky's first sentence (for example) I don't agree with that and I'm not going to accept it as truth even if I'm outnumbered on this one. No don't I think the root of the trauma in young black boys is the fault of the fathers either so chill the fuck out on that too - I don't hate black men, I had some good black men in my life just as much as I had bad ones to not make any generalizations about them either.

itsumoconfused dapped this.
  14. OckyDub

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    Which first sentence? What is untruthful about either?

"The trauma that boys face at school and home is often ignored or placed on the back burner as the focus is on uplifting and empowering girls and women."

"Well, I can only speak for myself...but when I see trauma in black boys and how it manifest itself negatively through out time, many times the root of that trauma begins with their Black single mother."

Someone else's truth not being yours obviously doesn't negate theirs.

alton, ControlledXaos and Cyrus-Brooks dapped this.
  15. OhSheit

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Bicurious
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    This one.

And it doesn't, I just don't have to accept it as the actual truth or my truth and how I see things. I said maybe I was being insensitive so I'll disengage in the conversation and not comment or make jokes like that I'll just lurk.

16. Cyrus-Brooks

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    This is my main problem with feminism in this country. Upper middle-class and affluent white women have convinced a lot of black women that "patriarchy" of black men is "oppressing" them. Never mind the fact that black women and girls are doing better than black men and boys in every measurable statistic. Black men are not the beneficiaries of patriarchy. Quite the opposite. We're getting the short end of the stick. We got the worst of both worlds. We lead shorter, more violent lives, and we have nothing to show for it. Anytime black men bring this up we're made out to be the bad guy engaging in "oppression Olympics," or being anti-woman etc and all the other usual feminist talking points.

BK Royce and Winston Smith dapped this.
  17. OckyDub

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    Well of course you can do what you like or say what you please; this is an open forum.

The film Moonlight touched on this very subject and was a factual truth for the open gay black man who wrote it.

The fact that bringing up the subject of black boys who suffer abuse from their mothers or single mothers causes a reaction of "not the black single mothers / black women I know" has nothing to do with and provides no solace to those black boys who suffer.

Being insensitive and not acknowledging are not the same.

18. Winston Smith

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    You're good, homes. I openly admit I can be slow on the uptake with jokes at times.

19. Winston Smith

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    This is why I always say you need to read from across a spectrum, not just supplant your echo chamber; a white, conservative mag recognizes what we're discussing and tells folk to check out "Moonlight":

At the Movies on Election Night

The way Jenkins uses sound and color to evoke emotions otherwise elusive to language, as in one powerful scene where a nine-year-old Chiron receives a verbal beating from his mother in a neon-baked hallway with classical music taking the place of diegetic screaming, is beautiful in its own right. But even more riveting is the way the film’s triptych structure condenses narrative time to show not only how powerfully childhood traumas—those of others as well as our own—can shape a person later in life, but also just how quickly the interstitial time between adolescence and maturity really elapses.

You think Hillary and Bill's wretched asses would grasp any of the above?

ControlledXaos and Cyrus-Brooks dapped this.
  20. ControlledXaos

Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Ok. This was hard to watch .

So when asked why he voted for him he said because he sees Trump on TV . For a kid that's enough . I remember voting for Regan in elementary school for the same reason . No one explained to me ss a 2nd grader what political parties were. This is a kid who thinks on a kid level .

Kids are not property and shouldn't be forced to agree with the parents just because they are their children . This child is never going to forget this even if it wasn't recorded . At best , they can laugh it off as one of those stories told at a family reunion . Though he could hold on to this for years and never truly get over it and it could fracture their relationship forever .

I'm not a fan of shaming your children as a form of punishment. If say he was caught playing with Barbies would she be kicking him out for that ? This pink suitcase is already there (probably hers anyway. )

From this point forward this boy will always have the threat of being kicked out of the house if he doesn't agree with her or she gets upset with him and he's not even a pre teen yet . Plus the other child is watching this too .

21. Cyrus-Brooks

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    You gotta put a disclaimer on your jokes because your intentions often don't come thru in text form. I put sarcasm disclaimers on my sarcastic remarks so there's no confusion.

ControlledXaos dapped this.
  22. OckyDub

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    OMG when I tell you there is so much to unpack in this damn video that have to do with shame, trust, conflict resolution, power structure, male female relationship dynamics, etc.

Cyrus-Brooks and ControlledXaos dapped this.
  23. OhSheit

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Bicurious
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    No, I hear you. But me telling you that I don't care isn't insensitive to how you feel or your experiences? The whole rhetoric/criticism against black women, feminism and femininity is uninteresting to me because I feel like the board is getting over saturated with it. I said I don't mind black folks in general being told about themselves but there comes a point where it's just too much for me and I feel like black men and women nag too much about the other group. Now you don't have to adjust anything to fit my needs, I'm just one person and this is your board so continue the conversation. That's why I also said I'll just disengage and not troll or make jokes anymore that trigger.

24. OckyDub

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    I understand your point but don't agree with the saturation. If you look at the "featured" section last 3 pages of content, black women, feminism, femininity is by far not the dominate content and definitely not black women and feminism so maybe its your perception/s.

#24 OckyDub, Nov 13, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2016
    Cyrus-Brooks dapped this.
  25. OhSheit

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Bicurious
    Dating:
    In a Relationship