No Fats No Fems

Discussion in 'Television and Web Series' started by jusrawb, Dec 29, 2015.

1. jusrawb

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    In a Relationship

Came across this on Facebook. I wasn't going to watch it but this clip was pretty dope to me. I personally don't date really feminine guys but I do like thick dudes (not fat). Y'all think this will be any good?

2. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    I've been seeing and hearing this black artistic fem gay call to arms for decades (since the early 90's). The message is cool but not all inclusive as it would allude to...and there is nothing wrong with that its just not relatable for me personally. As with most gay media.

Cyrus-Brooks dapped this.
  3. Cyrus-Brooks

Cyrus-Brooks is a Featured MemberCyrus-Brooks The Black Vulcan
    Squad Leader Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    Effeminate gays have both a persecution complex and inferiority complex. This video is yet another example of this. Nevermind that they dominate gay media and are the dominant images of gay men in mainstream media. Nevermind the fact that they have a massive presence in the entertainment and fashion industries. Sorry but I have a hard time feeling sorry for effeminate gay men on this issue.

4. NickAuzenneNOLA

The Great Debater The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Dating:
    Single
    Them being the dominate image has nothing to do with them. They are without a doubt the most comfortable with themselves so it would be natural that they are put at the forefront. We can't argue about only seeing them if we aren't willing to put ourselves out there, in my opinion. We as masculine dudes can assimilate into heteronormative society and that's a privilege that isn't extended to everyone. I respect them for being who they are amongst so much criticism, it's not me or my cross to bear but I do thank them for being disruptive enough that the LGBT community is now the most respected, poweful it has ever been and more and more laws are being put into place to offer legal protections as well.

ControlledXaos and mojoreece dapped this.
  5. Jaa

Jaa
    The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    I think most all-inclusive messages are lost in translation because their more troubling proponents are often the most vocal and have their own questionable agendas. All groups have members that are less accepting than others, men, women, straight, gay, masc, fem, religious, atheist, black, white...but the exclusionary ones are often the loudest and talk the most shyt.

I'm sure there are some fem guys that preach about the perils of masculinity and the need for acceptance that truly just believe that our society is too rigid and should allow freer expression while not demonizing masculine men as a whole, but the ones that make themselves heard are often those with their own rigid beliefs that anyone exhibiting masculine traits is putting on a performance, or possibly wrongly ascribing their negative anecdotal experiences with some unaccepting masculine men to all masculine men.

People tend to make conclusions about entire social/ethnic groups based on experiences or mere observations of a few individuals, often to an absurd degree, understandable if their encounters with certain types of people are often negative but dangerous because that kind of thinking often leads to wrongful treatment of any perceived other. The messengers with less generalized issues would also feel need to speak up, or may not have that same drive to "educate" that the outspoken ones have.

#5 Jaa, Dec 30, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2015
    Cyrus-Brooks and OckyDub dapped this.