Our Favorite Superheroes

Discussion in 'Books, Comics and Graphic Novels' started by DreG, Sep 27, 2015.

1. DreG

DreG is a Featured MemberDreG Art Heaux
    Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    This is a pretty generic question,but I'm surprised we haven't asked it before.Who are your favoite superheroes and why do you like them best of all?

Superman
    His intentions for wearing the suit is to be an example for humanity and to share values like helping others and living up to your full potential.His relevance to me is to remind me to always strive for my best and stick to what I believe in,even if that comes under fire from other people.He's a reminder to be who I want to be.
    Welling_Superman.jpg

Angel
    This is a character I just relate to 100%.He has all of my strengths,insecurities,tendencies,everything.He believes everything we do can be meaningful and that you should always put forth your best effort to improve your self and things around you,even if you have to sacrifice and struggle.He just rocks all around.
    [​IMG]

Silver Surfer
    Astronomy has been an interst of mine since I was little,so there's that.I spent a good chunk of time in my teen years reading him.He has a great way of viewing things and life,and his stories often make you think.
    [​IMG]

Hancock
    My favorite superhero flick.The movie's message about being miserable if you fight your purpose was powerful to me,as well as the theme of isolation.
    [​IMG]

2. cypher21

cypher21 Deactivated Account
    The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Can Tom Welling be my favorite??? :whew:

But seriously Superman and Batman are kinda my favorites too. Supers for the reasons you stated and Batman because he fight so much adversity with all of the vulnerabilities of a human being and yet (most) always comes out on top. He is an example of a near perfect person physically and intelligently but not emotionally because his past effects him more psychologically then superman's imo, which makes him more relatable.

3. Tyroc

Tyroc Deactivated Account

Daps Received:
    Shadow Lass: Tasmia Mallor of Talok VIII - heroine with the ability to create darkness.
    member of The Legion of Super-Heroes
    Blue and sexy. I was always fond of her because was written as brave and heroic yet snide and a little bitchy to her teammates.

I paid a pretty penny to have this figure customized because she's always been my favorite heroine
    image.jpeg

Infectious Lass: Drura Sepht of Sohmatur - ability to make people sick
    Totally cheesy heroine with an unpredictable ability and a unique look.
    Member of the even cheesier Legion of Substitute-Heroes, meaning she wasn't good enough for the main team yet heroic enough to keep trying even though no one wants her around.
    image.jpeg

Superman II of Earth-2: Val-Zod of Krypton
    The son of General Zod raised by Jor-El & Lara, a pacifist and inheritor of the Superman legacy. I like that he was created to use his brain over his brawn to try to help his adopted world.
    The next custom I'm going to have done.
    image.jpeg
    Tyroc: Troy Stewart of Marzal - Sonic powers
    the first hero that left an impression on me back in the 70's
    The only (at the time) black member of The Legion of Super-Heroes.
    He didn't speak 70's jive. His name didn't begin with black.
    Unique (poorly defined) power set. Garish yet sexy for the times costume.
    He's a character that belonged to a group that he never truly fit in with, which makes him totally relatable to me.
    image.jpeg