Profits of Age

Discussion in 'Music and Podcasts' started by Winston Smith, Sep 10, 2016.

1. Winston Smith

Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    I was a hardcore PE fan back in the day (at least until they fell off before and briefly rebounded with the soundtrack to He Got Game), as well as Cypress Hill. Rage Against the Machine didn't do anything for me, as it reminded me of the whiny, do-nothing college activists I knew back in the day; the kind who were always get for making posters or other useless agit-prop, but organize a meaningful and sustainable GOTV campaign in the inner city? Fuggedaboutit...

Before John Lennon was murdered, in one of his last interviews, he regretted his post-Beatle left-wing activism because he felt in the end all he did was help privileged white hippies get cushy government jobs. That's kind of my reaction to the so-called "supergroup" Prophets of Rage; tired, old-ass, whiny spiel good for agitating not organizing. It says a lot about America when our political choices are tired, old-ass mofos (Trump, Clinton, Sanders, Jill Stein, etc.) and the so called "protest music" is no different.

To paraphrase an old EW&F song from thirty years ago, I'm waiting for somebody MILENNIAL and new to lead the revolution....

OckyDub dapped this.