Road To Massa's House: Official 2016 Presidential Race Thread

Discussion in 'Race, Religion, Science and Politics' started by Nick Delmacy, Oct 22, 2015.

1. NikR

Bae Material The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Single
    that shyt is gross

:iverson2:

2. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
  3. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Quinnipiac polls out today have Kasich and Trump tied now for Ohio. Sanders has pulled to within 5 points of Clinton.

Florida is a done deal for Trump. Hopefully Ohio can pull through and deny Trump the delegates, and help keep him below the threshold and help force a brokered convention(shitshow) in Cleveland!

That fucker Trump

*okay why is my foul language not being altered?

NikR dapped this.
  4. NikR

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Single
    Tomorrow, imma start the day like this...

then when Trump starts destroying the GOP field I'll drift into a little...

and when he's inaugurated and the nukes leave their silos, I'll settle into a bit of,

Gird you loins children. The end is near.

Tyroc dapped this.
  5. NikR

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Single
    You know, if you play them all together, you get a gentle little cacophony of mayhem and confusion, like some lilies gently swaying in the breeze. I would highly recommend it

6. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Kasich is leading in Ohio now. Oh please let Ohio start the Trump screw over so there is a brokered convention shitshow in Cleveland, complete with massive infighting, Mittens in his magic underwear, walkouts, and overall general chaos and mayhem. all accompanied by massive protests outside by the heavily democratic Cleveland area for the world to see. Christ is that so much to ask for?

Sanders closing in Illinois (within 3). ahead by 1 in Missouri, and within 5 in Ohio.

Sean P dapped this.
  7. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Why did I do this? A small part of my brain died because of this.

NikR dapped this.
  8. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Bye Rubio! Give that jerk a big red X!

So far Ohio is the only state resisting Trump. Sucks having to be on the side of Kasich but better than Trump.

Hillary appears to be sweeping all before her as of 8:45 pm. Damn.

NikR dapped this.
  9. NikR

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Single

yep, just about

10. NikR

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Single
    It's been quiet here of late. I guess now that Rubio's out and crazy Uncle Bernie is trying to hatch plans to ask superdelegates to put him over the top (he wants leaders in the the party he doesn't even belong to to support him. HA! hilarious!) we all know the real thing is gonna be Hillary vs Trump.

Hillary's ad game better be on point. I think it will be- remember the 'red phone' ad from '08? Nuff said. I think we'll see a modern version of this outrageous gem, mostly cos it's accurate.

What do you all think this season will hold? Will Sarah Palin and her batshit crazy-eyes a$$ be VP nominee again? Oh lordy I hope so.

ColumbusGuy dapped this.
  11. RolandG

Bae Material Squad Leader The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    It's complicated
    This ad was brutal back then. I don't think anyone would run an ad like this today.

12. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    You mean the Goldwater bomb ad? It was great! and you better believe Hillary will go for the throat with Trump especially. She won't have to say a word, just play all of the hideous things he has said about women, hispanics, muslims, etc. and he will look disgusting...just replays day after day of his assholery and nuttiness and bullshit will sink in. Not to mention how unpresidential and crazy he will look. And she will destroy him about his 'getting America's economy back on track too. And that is the main issue once again-the economy! And she better not forget it.

And Cruz will be dead meat as well. You better believe the Northeast will get tired of hearing about 'New York Values" and all of that. He would be portrayed as an evangelical nutcase who will start a new Crusades and get us not just into more culture wars but actual wars as well.

I am more concerned about some brokered convention and someone like Kasich coming up-who has much less visible dirt out there and is less viscerally hateable than Cruz or Trump.

The thing I fear about Hillary is that she might do one stupid thing that kills her. Like Dukakis in the tank, or Howard Dean and his scream. Some weird inexplicable thing that gets legs and just dooms a candidate for no good reason. Then she will be the receiver of the killer ad, her stupid thing, played over and over and over *shudders* that gives the nod to some nutjob Republiturd candidate.

13. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    @Nick Delmacy cross out the mofo Rubio!

So Arizona and Utah are up today.... CNN saying both Trump and Clinton have historic negative ratings for front runners in a presidential election. Damn.

14. NikR

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Single
    Just when I thought that primary season had gotten boring AF, Trump decided to come visit me! I cannot wait for the confusion. Will he bring his plane? No, his helicopter?! Will he strangle someone to death onstage to the rapturous applause of his rabid fans? Who knows! All I know is that i'm going to the rally- sure I'll get my a$$ beat by some hooligan, but at least I'll be on teeveeeee!

15. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Trump is burning out too damn quick! He was supposed to get the nomination and then the entire nation was supposed to turn on him! They are going to give it to that slimy hateful bastard lying FauxXtian from hell Cruz!

NikR dapped this.
  16. NikR

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Single
    I was catching up on tonight's primary results on 538 and one of the featured tweets said, "IT'S OVER. Hillary will be the Democratic nominee. The only question is when Sanders will admit it."

But I wasn't interested in what the tweet said, I was interested in who said it.

Why? Well the author was the one and only Josh Barro. Lawwwwd! Sure, he's kinda conservative and votes Republican. But, ohhhhweeeeee!! If he and I shopped at the same grocery store, I would take him behind the seedless grapes and fill him up with some good good! Then I would take him home and fill his mind and his mouth with all sorts of new, strange things. He would thank me for the big dose of...um... moderately-liberal reality that I'd give to him. The world would be a better place. Yeah. That would be the plan.

Josh, if you're reading this, please know that it's only you and Russell Tovey. There are no others. And please, please grow back the facial hair. You was so sexy with it!

josh_barro-e1387807830605 josh barro delicious.jpg

Wait, am I allowed to say such things about a journalist? Whatever. It's almost 2am and my mind is cloudy. I think I might need a nap.

17. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    So is Hillary going to sweep today?

Clinton: 1946 delegates
    Sanders: 1192 delegates

Needed: 2383

18. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Damn..it is not even nine oclock and no results in yet Faux news is calling all five states for Trump!

Trump got all 82 GOP delegates. all of them.

19. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    So...in Indiana with 7% in ..Trump up by 22%, Hillary(the lesser evil lol) is up by 10%. Trump doing well in very conservative and Xian Fort Wayne area not looking good at all for Cruz. Lots of angry white conservatives in Indiana with an under-siege mentality=business as usual.

They may call this thing for Trump in an a hour or so (or less).

20. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Well that did not take long: The race is called for Trump! Took all of 6 minutes. Bad for Ted! Bringing us closer to the real battle of the Great Evil and the lesser evil(Hillary and she is bringin' Bill with her!).

OckyDub dapped this.
  21. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Well shit, Bernie is ahead now! He just will not give up! I gotta admit I am getting sick and tired of his old white ass! lol

He just. will. not. quit!!!

*my 87 year old dad is officially not voting for ANY Republican...is now deciding between Democrat or just not voting period. lol. He has never ever missed voting for the GOP candidate in almost 70 years! LOL at the GOP!!!! when they lose 87 year old white men!!!!!

I think there is a new America coming and it does not look like Trump-I think the GOP may be fatally wounded!

#126 ColumbusGuy, May 3, 2016
    Last edited: May 3, 2016
  22. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Hillary is really going to need Marion and Lake counties to come through for her(none in from Lake(Gary), little in from Marion(Indy)).

23. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Oh shit! I think Ted Cruz is dropping out! @Nick Delmacy get ready with the red X !!!!

Jesus I think he is talking reconciliation....the devil Donald is a shoo in now!

Bernie up by 20,000- c'mon Lake County! Damn he is going to win Indiana and we will never get rid of him. If Bernie supporters(you know who you are on here)sit on your butts and do not get behind the Hildabeest/Shillary/Killary/Hag-ary/$hillary/whatever ya call her and let Trump into the fucking White House I am going to go full on mass-murdering middle-age-rage-guy on ya!
    :sucka::troll:

#128 ColumbusGuy, May 3, 2016
    Last edited: May 3, 2016
    NikR dapped this.
  24. NikR

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Single
    As much as we all like to laugh, I just want y'all to think deeply about something- a major party, one that already has a majority in congress and statehouses, nominated Donald Trump for the presidency. Yes, it's the same party that thought Sarah Palin was qualified to at least serve as vice president. Yes, they aren't serious. But it's more than that- they are dangerous. They don't care.

This election really counts people. Please don't sit it out.

ColumbusGuy dapped this.
  25. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Amen and Hallelujah to this!!!

Trump is crazy and who knows what he is capable of?-none of it is any good! At least we know Hillary, for all of her faults, is not the devil. Think of how unstable Trump is-do you want his crazy on the nuclear button? Do you want him nominating to fill SCOTUS seats? If anything, vote against Trump and not for Hillary(or if by some miracle, Bernie) if you must-but vote!

*Black votes DO MATTER! Hillary just lost Indiana because the blacks she took for granted in Marion County(Indy) and Lake County(Gary) did NOT just fall in line for her. YOUR VOTE MATTERS!!!!

NikR dapped this.
  26. NikR

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Single
    I'm still astonished that republicans, who claim to be reasonable and level-headed would nominate Trump. But then you'll watch them all fall in line behind him. He'll still get at least 47 million votes. But I hope and pray it won't be enough. They need to lose. Badly. Everywhere. Complete destruction. Smh. Anyways. More on that later.

And now the question of who will win the veepstakes. I say...Ben Carson. Yeah. That's my first thought. He's self-absorbed, self-important, and completely lacking in self-awareness. A book-smart dumb guy really. Someone I could sell a high-yield, low-risk penny stock to. I don't even have any penny stocks. But it doesn't matter- I'll just make it up and he'll eat it up. Yeah, it'll be Ben Carson.

BlackExcellence dapped this.
  27. BlackExcellence

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
  28. Winston Smith

Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    I'm not personally down with any of the embers left from the unimpressive fire that has been this election cycle so far. Throw them all in the trash. I live by the words of Admiral Rickover that "intelligent people discuss ideas, mediocre people discuss events and personalities." And since 99% of all political coverage and news in MURICA!! is just events and personalities, I'm usually and perpetually turned off.

I'll probably NOT going to vote in this presidential election (but I always vote on the local and state level) as I can't stand Hillary Clinton any more than Trump. I tend to stay out of politics as I'm highly idiosyncratic, like to think for myself and eschew all the low-information crowd-herding psychology that comes from co-signing to either major party. Also, being a war vet, I know the bullshit that both sides of the aisle have contributed to the misery of both foreign and domestic civilians (and our national budget) through all the "internationalist" misadventures of Clinton, Bush et al.

Being more a student of economics than politics, I DO think there is an intelligent case to be made for economic nationalism and non-interventionism that isn't related to the single-digit IQ, racist pronouncements of The Donald. Economists like Hernando De Soto Polar and Ravi Batra have been pointing out the hollowing out of the middle class for decades (see Batra's "The Pooring of America"). The Democrats since Carter have just been the Pepsi Max version ("Same empty calories, no bitter conservative aftertaste!") of the GOP. No one should be surprised that there are both left (Sanders) and right (Trump) insurgencies against the Red and Blue establishment which has fukked over the general population since the Reagan era.

"Here in the homeland, we are embarking upon a student loan bubble that could threaten the US economy, we have a government that is virtually incapable of functioning, we have economic disparity problems, racial tensions, generational gaps, gender gaps, we don't recognize fundamental issues of fairness, I think that Bernie is good for Hillary because it will force her to return to our core democratic values"

I agree with most of that statement, except the last part. I don't think Herr Hillary has ever really given two shats about core democratic values. Remember she started out as a "Goldwater Girl" when even Jackie Robinson was still a Republican (and renounced anybody that anything to do with Goldwater and his anti-Civil Rights crowd). She is as much the cause of the aforementioned problems as any proverbial Fox News Republican. I just wish black folk would stop acting like electoral sucker fish and thinking we can't get anywhere unless we attach ourselves to the great white sharks of the DNC and GOP.

Having lived through several embarrassing presidencies before Obama came along (Nixon through Bush II), I don't feel the need to get excited (positively or negatively) about who is or isn't in the White House. I'm going to keep doing my thing and living my truth regardless of the tired man or woman we've elected king. In the words of the old Isley Brothers song, "my living has go to go on..."

NikR dapped this.
  29. Winston Smith

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    That was the headline I saw in my head when he first conceded.

Maybe he can now do liquor endorsements like Diddy et al to pay off his campaign debts. He can call them Ted's WHine Coolers ("Goes Down Quicker and Smoother Than Carly Fiorina...")

30. NikR

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Single
    Whew, well this was a damn tour de force. I'm still picking my mind off the ground- like, I had to figure out who Rickover and Ravi Batra were. My, my, my, I have some reading to do!

Really? You lived through tricky Dick? Do tell! The drama! The infamy!

I disagree here- I do feel that it does make a difference who is in the White House. I seriously doubt Al Gore would have invaded Iraq on a whim and without a plan and then botched it, like Bush II did. Bush/Cheney drove the Iraq war 100%. I don't think that John Kerry would have hollowed-out and de-professionalized FEMA or would have twiddled his thumbs as thousands of black, brown and white people drowned to death in New Orleans. On the margins, the person in the big chair does make a difference. A President Trump will be far worse than a President Hillary. She has many, many, many faults, but I don't think she'll nominate a Scalia to the Supreme Court. Trump, on the other hand, would nominate Mike Tyson, which would be... inconvenient.

Um, I dunno. This seems like false equivalence to me. I have no love of the spineless, gutless, congenitally useless DNC. But life, and voting, is hardly ever a choice between good and bad. Usually it's about kicking the can down the road- f*cked now vs probably f*cked later. If I have a choice, I choose f*cked later. Hell, that's what our parents did to us!

I was this close (*this close*) to having a panic attack over you "probably not" voting, then I realized that you live in Chitown. I'm still sad about it, but at least I can soothe my soul with the fact that Dems will win IL by >10 points even if the decomposing carcass of a headless goat gets nominated, which is, unfortunately how people like Blagojevich get power. Now, if you had said, "I live in Flarrrida", I would reach for my Xanax and wash it down with tequila. Well, actually, I'm probably still gonna reach for tequila, just because lol.

Indeed. Indeed.

I can't wait to hear more of your thoughts!

Winston Smith and ColumbusGuy dapped this.
  31. Winston Smith

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Yeah, I apologize for my loquaciousness. I've been lurking in these parts for awhile, so that was pent-up, post-sign-up regurgitation (lol). A) I really won't have too much to say about the whole rest of the election as I've pretty much "turned off, tuned out, dropped out." B) I actually respect opinions other than mine (yes, I really mean that). The only thing that drives me crazy is if people hold opinions "just because" ("I vote Democratic just because my family does"; "I vote Republican, just because I watch Fox News"). I like folks that hold an opinion because they actually thought about the issue, considered it and swished it around in their minds like a wine-taster before the great cognitive spitbucket!

Nixon era wasn't as bad as it they make it out. The adults pretty much knew he was shady, they were calling him "Tricky Dick" WAY before Watergate. My memories aren't too clear, as I was a rugrat and all I remember was that the Watergate hearings on pre-cable TV were pre-empting my Sesame Street and Bugs Bunny afters chool. The live transmissions of Apollo missions with Space Buggies (rolling dirty on da moon!) was way cooler to a kindergartener. My parents were black, union Democrats that actually voted for Nixon in '72. He actually had some federal programs that benefitted the underclass (one of them helped my folks to become first-time homeowners), despite him calling us all sorts of things on those White House tapes.

I'm in the public safety field, so I have to simply co-sign on how Kerry would have handled Katrina under FEMA. And yes, Gore definitely would not have invaded Iraq. Now, I'm sure Gore would have been some Clinton-era like boondoggles a la Madeleine Albright in the name of do-gooder internationalism, but definitely no stupid, unjust wars. Like Bush Jr., Gore was a prominent politician's son, but he DIDN'T get out of his Vietnam service even though he easily could have (ridiculous though that war was). He also didn't take an easy commission, he went in enlisted. I still ain't feeling the Hillary love, though. And the way my devious mind works, when you said a Tyson nomination, my first thought was "hmmm, I wonder if NikR does any screenwriting, 'cause I would sell the SHITT out of that treatment to Comedy Central!" An evil part of me almost wants Trump to win just for the laughs. I guess my mind is, f-it, I made it this far under various idiots and regimes in D.C., what's one more under Trump? As the late David Brinkley said (when he thought the cameras were off) "four more years of g-d nonsense."

Finally, I think living in Chicago only reiterates my point about black folk sucking on to Democrats like remoras hurts us in the end. I'm pretty sure Rahm Emanuel says the "N" word in private like a Tourette's patient, even if he was the President's Chief of Staff. Think about what you want your program to be and shop it to whoever will implement, red or blue state. But first, own businesses and capital. To politicians, in the end, money talks everything else walks. If you're economically powerful enough, you don't care too much about either party as you know (like the lobbyists do) that you can buy, screw em and lose em like hoes.

If nothing else, the Trump-Sanders phenomenon has finally started to break the American people out of the b.s. belief that you have to accept whatever the DNC and GOP dishes up to you. Perhaps, we'll get smart like other countries and embrace multiple parties.

Now I'm about to run off and work on a sitcom script starring Mike Tyson. It's called "The Championship Beltway," developed by Rico based on characters by NikR....

32. NikR

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Single
    LOL ok, well no need to apologize!

Btw, "loquaciousness", "great cognitive spitbucket"...lawd keep whispering these things to me lol.

Hillary is a typical democrat, but running on a mildly-more-regulated, slightly-tighter "easy money" monetary policy. I'm sure Mr Rubin will find his way into her ear soon enough. I don't see the gains of the 60s/70s happening again. Esp now that everyone essentially "needs" an expensive degree to do just about anything. I don't think the school debt market is nearly as solid as people think. More on that later. She'll triangulate on everything else. And of course will probably find a reason to bomb...oh i dunno... pick a Middle East country, any country!

I dunno if this will happen. Parliamentary systems generally lend themselves to tolerating multiple parties. But even in the case of parliament where the executive isn't the head of government, they are generally polarized between 2 big parties and all the rest. I think first-past-the-post is the problem. Proportional representation gets more people at the table, with more diverse thoughts. But I don't think established politicians will even allow the possibility of less power for themselves to be entertained. But never say never I guess!

Oh noeoooooes! Not Mike Tyson! I should never have said anything! LMAO

33. NikR

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Single
    And it's begun.

Hillary went there yesterday- real heavy with the whole "he's gonna use the nuclear codes peeps! run for your lives!!!!" She said it at least 2x. I'm pretty sure she's gonna run a nuke ad. It's gonna be epic.

If you all don't believe me, check out this little portion. Watch from 31:00 for 30 seconds...

"Do we want his finger anywhere near the button?"

Yep. That's how she's gonna play it. Hillary doesn't care about likability. Don't like her? Whatevs, you'll like her opponent less. She cares about electability, so she's gonna make sure Donald is unelectable. For the next 5 months she's gonna troll Trump, and just say, "f*ck your face, f*ck your yuck-mouth teeth, f*ck your hairpiece, f*ck your fake-ass Brooklyn accent, f*ck your plastic wife, f*ck your plane, f*ck you. And if I see you in the streets Imma slap the sh*t outta you".

She better have this.

34. NikR

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Single
    dammit I hate CNN- they're not letting me embed from 31:00. Reason 424532950 why CNN needs to go away- they are completely useless.

35. Winston Smith

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Same wavelength. I was thinking a couple of weeks ago about this commercial and the two frontrunners. Being old enough to remember the tail end of the Cold War,I'm not sure how much this issue would resonate with anyone younger than Gen X. Remember no living leader, other than N Korea's leader, has actually witnessed a nuclear explosion, including Obama and Putin. Most people's frame of reference is 9/11. We know that even the small device used i. Hiroshima and Nagasaki would be greater than 9/11. With a whole generation that's now been born and college educated AFTER the fall of the Berlin Wall, I'm not sure how much a Daisy campaign wiuld resonate.

Plus voters are just fuking stupid. Back in 64, the Daisy commercial wasn't just hyperbole. Air Force top gun Curtis LeMay openly talked about carpet bombing with nukes. Goldwater, also Air Force, was down with LeMay's worldview. People knew they might actually push buttons, which is why they used phrases against Goldwater like "in your guts, you know he's nuts."

So, while I think Sec. Clinton is programmatically and policy wise on point, from a tactical stand, does that appeal to young voters who really have no concept of Cold War level nuke fears? Trump voters, we know, are already stupid enough not to care (I guess they think Jesus will use his magic Superman powers to make the mushroom clouds go away).