SMS Convos With Friends Vol 1: Twinks

Discussion in 'Group Discussions' started by Nick Delmacy, Nov 13, 2015.

1. BlackguyExecutive

BlackguyExecutive Je suis diplomate
    Squad Leader Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Married
    I know that. I am just trying to disprove the notion that that are so many people out there getting their study on with respect to Queer Studies. The field is small and we (as a larger LGBT/SGL community) probably need more people to take up the cause.

[​IMG]

2. Nick Delmacy

Nick Delmacy is a Verified MemberNick Delmacy Da Architect
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    I disagree. Getting a degree in "Queer Studies" is akin to getting a degree in a field called "Wetback History" or "Sand Nikka Theology." It perplexes me why the homosexual masses embrace the pejorative word "queer" so causally. But then again, the NAACP still has the word "Colored" in its name.

3. BlackguyExecutive

BlackguyExecutive Je suis diplomate
    Squad Leader Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Married
    Come on terms are relative. Why get bogged down by the the word queer. I think that it is important for folks to chronicle the history of gayness, to explore the anthropological and sociological shifts, to examine gay culture and those subcultures related to it. I think it is also unrealistic to equate feminism with queerness of the study of it. I think that is the biggest problem with Feminism, it incorporates large subject areas but are very rejecting to marginal and different sects in the group.

Would you prefer the term "Homosexual Studies" <----that is relatively limiting "Sexuality Studies" is too broad...and doesn't really capture culture, history, experience. Queer is an umbrella term used to define a category.

4. Nick Delmacy

Nick Delmacy is a Verified MemberNick Delmacy Da Architect
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    I'm not bogged down, just making the observation. Imagine if there was a class called "Colored History"...That used to be the blanket term for all things relating to brown people but the tide turned. Words and Labels do matter. I am not "queer." You may welcome that description for yourself and your life, but it is not an "umbrella" that I prefer to stand underneath. To each his own, though.