Snitches

Discussion in 'Group Discussions' started by Piye, Dec 19, 2018.

?
  1. Yeah. If it served my interests.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Nah. Not cool.

3 vote(s)
    75.0%
  3. Depends on the situation.

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. Piye

Piye Lurker

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    Firstly, regardless of the circumstances I am always saddened by brothers that die young. Aaron Hernandez's life was most notably hallmarked both by the realization of his dream to become a NFL player and then having that dream shattered by his conviction for the murder of his friend Odin Lloyd. Lloyd's death and the Henandez's subsequent suicide represent tragic ends to two black lives that also matter.

A recent article in People Magazine substantially increased my angst. The article, which was the most current of number of previously published accountings of events, purported to reveal the real truth. I was like "damn, can they let this brother rest?" As I moved to scroll past to the latest political headline, a reference in the caption to revelations by Hernandez's brother caught my eye. I hit the link to read what I anticipated would be his brother defending Hernandez and debunking of gay rumors that had begun to swirl around Hernandez post mortem. Instead, to my outrage, I learned Henandez's brother had written a book that included an occasion when he found Hernandez. Judas! Rat! Snitch! I hate a tattle tale mf. But it even goes deeper than that. I've always felt there was a bro code; that except where absolutely necessary, we cooperate in taking down another brother. It's hard enough out here being a a black male. But then you lump being gay/bi/dl on top and shit just got harder. Henandez's own blood sold him out for a book. Wack.

Hernandez, however, is not the only victim of a snitch. I'm sure everyone remembers when Russell "Hollywood" Simpson burst into our collective consciousness with his public snitchery (and very damning photos) about his alleged relationship with NFL player Kerry Rhodes. I know. Truth is truth but c'mon man. Did he have to do my manz like that...just to to have five minutes of fame, get a bag or retaliate for being in your feelings. Bro code. Bro code!

A fuck nigga, that's that shit I dont like
    A snitch nigga, that's that shit I dont like, nah
    A bitch nigga, that's that shit I dont like, nah
    Sneak dissers, that's that shit I dont like

[from I Don't Like by Chief Keef]

#1 Piye, Dec 19, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
  2. ControlledXaos

Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    I don't believe in outing people on purpose.

However I also have no issue with the real truth of the dead coming to light People got mad at Patti Labelle for confirming Luther Vandross was gay. Most people suspected/figured/accepted it beforehand but I didn't have a problem with this. He's been dead for a while now. The world still turns. Some people wanted to live in the fantasy that he wasn't. But I think it's important that he was able to be talented and successful and gay even if only a few people really knew.

I also feel that "I ain't no snitch" is a detriment to Black people getting the justice they deserve from crimes committed by other black people. It causes more pain and questions and people never get the closure they deserve. If you know who killed a crying grandma's son and see her and her grand children's crying faces on TV looking for answers to what happened to their dad and #nosnitch got your mouth shut, you are a rotten human being.

But ... I think that if I went to a gay party and saw The Rock there with his mouth locked on to Idris Elba, it's not my place to run and tell that to the masses. That's for them to do.

It's just not cool to out people. Usually the intent is malicious or you are mad because they've moved on. Or you want fame or a few thousand from a gossip site. Makes them look bad because if you can't keep your mouth closed for a celebrity what will you say about me to anyone else?

Lancer, Cyrus-Brooks and Winston Smith dapped this.
  3. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    Been awhile since I followed this but could have swore Hernandez kinda came out in his suicide note. Also didn't his prison sex partner and his high school boyfriend provide details by way of interviews as well? For me now, anyone discussing Hernandez's (at minimum bisexuality) sexuality is doing just that, discussing, not snitching.

My mindset is when we discover by way of books, interviews etc, that a famous person (Marvin Gaye, Marlon Brando, Dizzy Gillespie, Mile Davis, Richard Pryor) is non-heterosexual, for me its grounding and humanizing. It lets me know regardless of the attributes they're famous for, they were still humans with sexual desires. In a small way it combats the "othering" of non-heterosexual people.

BUT if I completely erase Hernandez from the table...Hollywood Simpson and the chick who tried to out Dwight Howard can kick rocks. From my personal experiences, no one outs homosexuals more than other fem leaning homosexuals.

4. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    Reminds me of the fantasy post I started featuring these two (with gifs and err-thang) that I was gonna post but changed my mind.

mojoreece and ControlledXaos dapped this.
  5. ControlledXaos

Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    th.gif

Lancer, Cyrus-Brooks and mojoreece dapped this.