Survival of the Fittest

Discussion in 'Group Discussions' started by Jai, Mar 21, 2018.

1. Jai

Jai Being strong minded.
    The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Asexual
    Dating:
    Single
    So have any of you been in the wilderness? Camping or not. But if you got lost would you know what to do? Do you think you'd be able to survive an entire week in the woods or a forest on your own?

2. SB3

SB3 is a Featured MemberSB3
    Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    This is one of my biggest fears. I watch a lot of dark, scary, 'true nightmares' type shyt, and I'm always so blown away when ppl actually live to tell about it. While Im confident I could figure out how to survive, it's scary to think of the mental and emotional toll the feeling of helplessness could take.

3. Jai

Jai Being strong minded.

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Asexual
    Dating:
    Single
    You know what's worse than that? Being trapped at sea. I can only imagine how terrifying that must be, especially at night or when a storm is coming. The worst part are the heat, dangerous drinking water but the main thing are the sharks. The Whitetips will be sure to show up if you are stranded and yes, they will eat you.

Have you ever seen a boat caught in a storm? Imagine being lost on a raft instead.

I'd go insane...be talking to Trey Songz in my raft and he ain't even there...

4. Aejae

Aejae Socially Awkward Aejae
    The 100 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    I grew up being too much of a homebody. I don't think-wait-I KNOW for a fact that I would never volunteer living outdoors. My phone, my tablet, my laptop, my PS4, and my wifi have been too good to me for the past few years so I can't be anywhere like that.

SB3 and mojoreece dapped this.
  5. acessential

Squad Leader Best Thread Creator The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Seeing how trained survivalist on Naked and Afraid sometimes barely make it through, lets me know that I probably wouldn't last very long.

6. Jai

Jai Being strong minded.

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Asexual
    Dating:
    Single
    Hmm. You just might last long. It's amazing what we can do to survive. Being in the wild though definitely knocks you down in the food chain. I say I'd freak out but instinct would lead me to find shelter close to a water source. Find sticks to create tools and stuff. If I'mma die... I'mma do it attempting to survive. My only situation where I would feel helpless and go completely insane would be being lost at sea. If anyone has ever had a cruise can you imagine being stuck on a raft and all you see is water for hundreds of miles? Not to mention, sharks bump and test bite and if that raft is gone, so are you...cause they are going to eat you. I also hear it gets insanely hot so you are roasting during the day and freezing at night. Let's not put sea storms into the equation and waterspouts.

I won't say you're 100%SOL but that's pretty bleak. Anything is possible if you have even the slightest hope.

7. SB3

SB3 is a Featured MemberSB3
    Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    There's a show I'm obsessed with literally called 'I Survived'. As someone who despises being out of my comfort zone, or relinquishing a certain sense of control, I'm blown away by hearing the first hand stories of the crazy events/disasters/ppl/etc that these people have survived.