THE CW’S BLACK LIGHTNING CASTS CRESS WILLIAMS IN LEAD ROLE

Discussion in 'Television and Web Series' started by OckyDub, Feb 25, 2017.

1. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    [​IMG]
    The CW just found its “Black Lightning.” According to Deadline, “Hart of Dixie” star Cress Williams has just been cast in the title role.

Williams has an impressive list of credits to his name. The actor has appeared in over 50 roles, including key parts on “Friday Night Lights,” “Prison Break,” “Grey’s Anatomy,” “ER” and — most recently — “Code Black.” He also starred in “Never Been Kissed,” “The Doom Generation” and “Fallen,” among others.
    [​IMG]

Written by the husband-and-wife duo of Salim and Mara Brock Aki, the “Black Lightning” pilot was initially developed for Fox. However, it was ultimately passed over, as Fox believed the show just wasn’t a good fit for their network. If the show goes to series on The CW, it will join Berlanti’s other DC superhero properties, including “The Flash,” “Arrow,” “Supergirl” and “DC’s Legends of Tomorrow.”

Despite sharing a producer in Berlanti, Fox’s “Black Lightning” won’t cross over with the Arrow-verse shows airing on The CW. In January, Berlanti said that if “Black Lightning” exists, he doubts the character will team up with any other heroes. “I don’t think so,” Berlanti said at the time. “If we’re lucky enough that that exists, that that show exists, I don’t think those worlds will cross over.” However, seeing as the pilot has just shifted from Fox to The CW, it’s hard to rule anything out.

Berlanti will produce alongside Salim and Mara Brock Aki, who have worked on shows such as “The Game” and “Being Mary Jane.” According to an earlier report, the “Black Lightning” pilot episode is scheduled to film in March in New Orleans; however, “Black Lightning’s” filming schedule has not yet been confirmed.

According to the series synopsis,

Black Lightning centers on Jefferson Pierce. He made his choice: He hung up the suit and his secret identity years ago, but with a daughter hellbent on justice and a star student being recruited by a local gang, he’ll be pulled back into the fight as the wanted vigilante and DC legend Black Lightning.

Black Lightning was created in 1977 by Tony Isabella and Trevor Von Eeden. The hero was DC Comics’ first major African-American superhero and has served as a member of Batman’s Outsiders and the Justice League.

MegamanX and Juan-Carlos dapped this.
  2. Winston Smith

Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    See that's why I stopped reading D.C. as a kid. They ALWAYS made sure the race of a brother was in the title as if to warn some suburban white kid to avoid the comic (Black Lightning, Black Goliath, Black Manta...). I'm surprised they didn't name Green Arrow's girl friend WHITE Canary. Lol.
    [​IMG]

TheEdge and OckyDub dapped this.
  3. Caliblk

Caliblk Squad Member

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Single
    I'm very excited about the black lighting show...it feel like that abcfamily show licking heights but with superheroes

4. Winston Smith

Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Yeah, still stand by my original sentiment. They already are saying "no crossovers", so basically, fantasy programming segregation. Compare that to marvel's buildup of Luke Cage and Black Panther as members of their shared universe even before the brothers got their own eponymous vehicles.

D.C. = Dissing Coloreds lol