What did you guys think of the VH1 Hip-Hop Honors (Mon, Sep 18)?

Discussion in 'Music and Podcasts' started by Nigerian Prince, Sep 19, 2017.

1. Nigerian Prince

Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Single
    If any of you are like me, you know that the 90s era for music was probably one of the best periods for music as a whole. Especially for hip-hop and R&B. I viewed the VH1 HIP-HOP HONORS On-Demand and I actually enjoyed all of the performances BUT I do feel like the production of the show could have been done so much better. You have people who are from the 90's era of hip-hop who produced the show like Queen Latifah (female MC and acting in movies like 'Set It Off', now mainly focused on TV/Film Production) and Mona-Scott Young (hip-hop manager with Violator Management working with Chris Lighty [R.I.P.], now owning & running the Love and Hip-Hop Franchise) who really dropped the ball.

They did right to honor people like Martin Lawrence ('Martin' TV show), Mariah Carey (biggest selling artist in the 90s and creator of the REMIX featuring hip-hop/r&b sung collabos), Hype Williams (legendary hip-hop music video director), Jermaine Dupri (founder of So So Def records) & Master P (founder of No Limit Records). But what about proper tributes for SWV? Mary J. Blige? Tupac? Biggie? Wu-Tang Clan? Aaliyah? So much missing from the show in my opinion...

The Breakfast Club Radio Show discussed their opinions on the VH1 Hip-Hop Honors, which I completely agree with. The clip from their morning show begins right where they begin discussing it so check it out and tell me your opinions!

Link: