What would you do?

Discussion in 'Group Discussions' started by acessential, Dec 21, 2015.

1. acessential

Squad Leader Best Thread Creator The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    So I went on Facebook just now. One of my friends/ future colleagues posted a photo of her being "proposed" to on a mountain. She's a jokester, but it looked legitimate. I immediately guessed it was fake because not only did I know how she was but I also messed around with the dude who was proposing to her. But that shit already has 400 likes in an hour. She had to post a retraction post. I was right, but I remember the dude did say he identifies as bisexual, but leans more towards men, so it could've been an authentic proposal. Even though it took me a while, I've finally accepted bisexuality amongst men as a legitimate sexual orientation. But even then, my immediate thought when seeing the picture was that it was a joke. Even though I was right, it still could have been real. My second thought was, what if he was completely gay and still engaged to a woman. How would I react to that? Here are my questions:

Has anyone before or still does have trouble grasping the concept of bisexual men? I know what it means, but for years, I thought dudes were just lying. I've moved passed that though.

If a gay guy you messed around with was engaged to a woman, would you say something? How would you react?

2. Nigerian Prince

Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Single
    I was thinking about this in the morning. I personally would NOT date a bisexual man. I already think about you looking at other men and now I gotta think about you looking at other women too? lol heck no. I can be cool with bisexual men and I do understand it as a concept because sexuality is fluid. But I just would not be romantically involved with a bisexual man.

I would not say anything about the gay guy engaged to a woman. That's none of my business.

acessential dapped this.
  3. @yahoo.com

@yahoo.com When the lights get low, I Burn Brighter.
    The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Single
    Every man that I have dated that identified as "bi-sexual" eventually because full blown "gay." it is like a title in waiting. They all go gay, or if they continue the facade of "bi-sexual" they are fooling themselves. my personal observations and experiences.

What is funny - are those guys who are gay and have been for a while, claiming to convert and now identify as straight. they get married and everything. who the freak do you think you are fooling? but, what i have come to accept is everyone has to live their life and be true to themselves and their feelings and desires. I think it is a bunch of hog wash.

acessential dapped this.
  4. Tyroc

Tyroc Deactivated Account

Daps Received:
    I think it depends on the individual.
    I've met a few true blood bi-sexuals in my time but I don't recall them labeling themselves as such.
    The dudes who identify as bi, usually can't go without overstating it at least 8 to 16x per conversation.
    Somehow though, they all always seem to have more male on male sexual encounters than male on female.
    If the latter so called bi dudes said that they were engaged to a woman.
    I'd congratulate them then make a bet with someone who knows them because I could always use the money I'm sure to win.

acessential, grownman and ControlledXaos dapped this.
  5. Champagne Papi

Champagne Papi is a Featured MemberChampagne Papi side-n*gga paralegal
    Most Comedic Player The 1000 Daps Club Best Gifs

Daps Received:
    My older brother always used to say to me that the first thought that I have is what I am conditioned to think and that the second thought I have immediately afterwards is what I truly think.

I like to believe that I never had trouble grasping bisexuality. Sexuality is truly fluid....although I do believe that some people exclusively prefer to identify with just one sexual preference, I also strongly believe that people can be exclusively one sexual preference and incidentally another sexual preference (eg: exclusively homosexual and incidentally heterosexual).

And no, I wouldn't say anything....actually, I would support him in his decision. Even if I didn't like the guy anymore or we ended in horrible terms, I'd still want him to be happy and safe in his life....if now being with a women is allowing him to be both safe and happy, who am I to stop that?

acessential dapped this.
  6. ControlledXaos

Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Bisexuality surely exists. DL dudes just don't call themselves that. Not labeling something what it is doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Likely, bi sexual men have sex with men more because we are more accessible now. I do wonder if pre Internet bisexual men had more female encounters though. Apps clearly make a difference in conquests.

I have a cousin who's engaged to this guy who to me, he clicks every box on what a gay guy looks like. But I have never met him so I can't say he pops up on gaydar or not. If it was a family member and I had knowledge that a guy they were dating was gay, I'd have to mention it to her. If a dude I knew was gay or previously hooked up with was saying he was marrying or married a female, I'd only address him if I didn't know her. It's possible she already knows he messes/messed around, some women are more cosmopolitan privately than they admit publicly.

acessential and grownman dapped this.