Best Posts in Thread: Why is Depression seen as bad or negative?

1. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    I have my first consultation on Dec 11th. I'm looking forward to therapy, moving forward and becoming a better me.

Kobalt, alton, Boaxy and 3 others dapped this.
  2. Cyrus-Brooks

Cyrus-Brooks is a Featured MemberCyrus-Brooks The Black Vulcan
    Squad Leader Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    The black community seems to have a problem with mental health and seeking professional help. Too many of us think you can pray depression and other mental health problems away. Unfortunately it doesn't work like that. I've found therapy to be helpful and it gives me a chance to vent. As a general rule I don't have a problem or objection to medicine however I'm not a fan of anti-depressants. Many of them slow down your metabolism and cause weight gain. I've found lifting weights to be an excellent stress reliever. In addition to physical benefits. I feel more energetic and less depressed.

alton, Boaxy, Apollo and 2 others dapped this.
  3. NikR

Bae Material The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Single
    Last Thanksgiving, I walked into a room and found my patient actively dying. I tried to resuscitate him- he died anyways. It, along with a thousand other cuts, drove me to therapy.

Therapy is not a dirty word. Neither is medication. Asking for help is the first step in the process of getting and feeling better.

I'm glad that so many people here have lent their voices to ending the stigma surrounding treatment of mood disorders. It's my pleasure to offer mine too.

For more information about depression and treatment options (including but not limited to exercise, psychotherapy, medication and support groups), visit Depression and How Psychotherapy and Other Treatments Can Help People Recover . You can also inbox me.

#6 NikR, Dec 7, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2017