‘Maya Angelou: And Still I Rise’ Trailer: October 14 Release Date Set For Documentary

Discussion in 'Movies and Shorts' started by cuspofbeauty, Sep 21, 2016.

1. cuspofbeauty

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Not looking

ARC Entertainment has released the trailer for Sundance doc Maya Angelou: And Still I Rise. The film, presented by American Masters Pictures, will bow in theaters October 14.

Directed by Bob Hercules and Rita Coburn Whack, the film celebrates Dr. Maya Angelou by weaving her words in her voice with rare and intimate archival photographs, home movies and videos, which paint hidden moments of her exuberant life during some of America’s most defining civil rights moments. From her upbringing in the Depression-era South to her swinging soirees with Malcolm X in Ghana to her inaugural speech for President Bill Clinton, we are given special access to interviews with Dr. Angelou whose indelible charm and quick wit make it easy to love her.

“Everybody in the world uses words. The writer has to take these most known things and put them together in such a way that a reader says I never thought about it that way before.” From Angelou in the trailer, the orator who often use those words to incite emotion and inspire unity.

The film features interviews from prominent figures including Oprah Winfrey, Alfre Woodard, Cicely Tyson, former President Bill Clinton, and current Presidential nominee Hilary Clinton.

jusrawb and mojoreece dapped this.
  2. jusrawb

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    This is exciting