NSFW Can I Get STIs From Rimming?

Discussion in 'NSFW Sex and Adult' started by Lancer, Jan 4, 2017.

1. Lancer

Best Thread Creator The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    [​IMG]

I’d never heard the phrase “tossing a salad” until my college years (that shows how prudish I was). At first, I thought it was about literal salad — Food sex maybe? Or a kinky way of using dressing? But I was wrong, thank God.

Anilingus (or "rimming") is an Olympic sport in my book. We all want to win gold, but sadly many of us never even place. A lot of that has to do not only with a lack of passion for it, but slight hesitation around the fact that it’s somebody’s butthole. That's where fecal matter lives. Who wants to put their mouth near that cave?

Actually? A lot of us. Here’s the truth: rimming has been around for centuries. The fascination with it has been around just as long, and it's gone mainstream in recent years. It's incredibly intimate and it feels great to the receiver. But as more people partake, the question remains — just how safe is it?

Sexually transmitted infections that are spread from skin to skin contact, like Syphilis, can be contracted by rimming, not because of a butthole itself, but because the bacteria surrounding genital areas tends to move around.

“Syphilis bacteria live in active skin sores, or lesions,” Dr. Nicholas Moss, director of the HIV and STD Section of Alameda County Public Health Department, has told Plus, “and can infect other skin it comes in contact with. I’ve even seen one patient who had a syphilis sore on his forehead. People can get gonorrhea of the throat, so that’s another infection that could be spread by rimming. Chlamydia of the throat is not spread orally, to my knowledge. So there’s probably no risk of getting or transmitting chlamydia when rimming.”

While there is no data suggesting that people can catch HIV from rimming, NAM's AIDSMap did report that levels of HIV in rectal mucosal secretions in gay men were higher than those in blood or semen — by about 500 percent more than blood, and 2500 percent more than semen. That’s one reason its always good to use proper lubrication and condoms during penetration. You can also use a dental dam as a barrier between your mouth and the anus. Still, rimming isn't considered a high risk activity when it comes to HIV. According to AIDS.gov, "The chance that an HIV-negative person will get HIV from oral sex with an HIV-positive partner is extremely low. It is difficult to measure the exact risk because people who have oral sex may also have anal or vaginal sex during the same encounter." And if the positive partner has lowered their viral load to undetectable levels, that risk drops down to zero.

To reduce risks of transmission of STIs, always keep an eye out for cuts or abrasions on the tongue, lips, gums, or rectum — as these cuts can become entry points for infection. Additionally, remember to switch condoms before switching partners, and when insert a penis or toy into a vagina following anal sex. If you're having condomless sex with a partner, clean the penis between these positions or it's likely you may end up with a urinary tract infection.

It is also possible to get hepatitis A or B, through contact with fecal matter, which is why it’s important to be vaccinated, or at least know if your partner has been. Again, the issue is that much of these microscopic organisms tend to move around the genital areas, and can linger even when you think you're good and clean.

All that aside, one real problem lies in potential gut infections that come from ingesting bad bacteria. (Yes, there is good bacteria. They live in your gut and help digest food, and — we're learning — play an important role in regulating health.)

We all live with bacteria and other microbes. These microscopic bugs are everywhere: in our mouth, our butts, our genitals, our hair, our fingernails. We can’t escape them. For the most part, if you have healthy bowel movements, bacteria down there won’t make much of a difference when someone is rimming you (so long as you washed the germs away in the shower using antibacterial soap — always clean with antibacterial soap prior to anal or oral/anal sex). But if your partner is having bad bowel movements, it's a good idea to skip the salad tonight.

These bad bacteria often come from contaminated food or other infections: salmonella, E. coli, C. difficile and others. Most people know when they have one of these, because it feels like a stomach bug. More often than not they'll experience diarrhea or stomach pain. But, for HIV-positive people on meds who experience chronic diarrhea regularly, it can be easier for parasitic infections to fly under the radar, which is why it’s more important to take precautions. It's also a good practice to become familiar with the shape of your normal stool — the more solid they are, the more likely it is you don’t have parasitic infection.

So to sum it: Yes, it is possible to get STIs from rimming. (Chances are you knew that anyway, I mean, come on.) Sex by it's very nature is risky. You're always going to be risking something when you get this intimate with another human being (even if it's just your dignity). Sexually transmitted infections are currently on the rise and with the rise of antibiotic resistant superbugs they're nothing to scoff at. Still, there are simple things you can do to make rimming a safer experience. Keeping clean, monitoring your gut health, and staying fastidious about making sure you have no cuts or abrasions near your mouth or rectum will all help keep you from contracting any bugs. So remember: Diarrhea and inner gut issues? Bad. Solid and clean bowel movements followed by antibacterial soap scrubbing? Very good.

Can I Get STIs From Rimming?

2. NikR

Bae Material The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Single
    Thanks for this @Lancer .

Honestly, I'm a bit less concerned about bacterial infections than viral infections. Usually bacterial infections are obvious- it's not always easy to hide the stomach gurgling and diarrhea cha-cha-cha. And because people usually feel like crap, they seek treatment. Regardless, bacterial and parasitic infections do happen pretty commonly. Like giardiasis, or as some people refer to it, beaver fever. But norovirus, Hep A, Hep B and other uptypeable shit are also very common and sometimes have more mild symptoms.

You'd think people would have the sense to decline getting their ass ate if they're about to have a huuuuge watery blow out. SMDH. Anyways.

But one take home- if you're gonna put your tongue up/near/on/outside/underneath/etc some dude's booty-hole, make sure you're vaccinated against Hep A and Hep B. And if possible, HPV. And, of course (the obligatory WTF recommendation)- use a dental dam. I know I know---"never seen it, never used it". Well, use the google machine and at least see what it looks like.

Prevention peeps. I'll talk more prevention soon.

3. Nigerian Prince

Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Single
    So you tossed the salad w/o the plastic/rubber? @NikR

NikR dapped this.
  4. NikR

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Single

tumblr_o9hhsmoAJY1su3qooo1_500.gif

Nah, no utensils needed when you're a malnourished kwashiorkor kid like me feasting on this!

I get alll the neck action in and errrythang!

*roll the neck, roll the neck*

All my ass-eating gifs have peen in them. So sorry. Text you later. lol

Lancer and Nigerian Prince dapped this.
  5. Nigerian Prince

Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Single
    I guess being a virgin I wonder why people have sex w/o condoms. I know for oral sex and for annulingus that the chances of passing HIV and other STIs are considerably lower than for condomless anal sex but there is still a chance!

mojoreece dapped this.
  6. @yahoo.com

@yahoo.com When the lights get low, I Burn Brighter.
    The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Single
    OK Boys and Girls ... this is the line of the week. LOL.... I CAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNT!

BlackguyExecutive, DreG and NikR dapped this.
  7. Sean

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Dating:
    Single
    These days, you can get an STI from even what was once considered safe, like kissing and skin to skin contact. Stick to good ole dry humping and hand jobs with latex gloves.
    [​IMG]

Infinite_loop, ControlledXaos and DreG dapped this.
  8. RolandG

Bae Material Squad Leader The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    It's complicated
    When did it change from STD to STI? We trying to be PC and save people's feelings? LOL

9. Lancer

Daps Received:
    Look! I ran yesterday to the Free Health Clinic and had ALLLLL the STD/STI/HIV tests done and even got vaccination for Hep B out of panic. Cos Lawd Geesus and the Woman with the issue of Blood, knows that I have devoured cakes indiscriminately! From now on I will make sure it is THOROUGHLY washed (will even get liquid antibacterial soap and tell them to use it) before I go anywhere near it. Also this 'Dental Dam' is not for me, I do not like anything coming in between me and those heavenly baked cakes!
    [​IMG]

10. NikR

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Single
    tumblr_nwpf8xIveu1qbbb7uo1_500.gif

Lol aight then.

Just remember, if you're on teamvers or have ever bottomed ever, you should have 3 site STD/chlam/gonorrhea testing- peen, ass, throat.

11. Lancer

Daps Received:
    Did that also!
    [​IMG]

12. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    "I guess being a virgin' is the reason you wonder. When you have been there/done that you will then understand the temptations of the flesh.

100dap

13. Winston Smith

Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Didn't @NikR explain that a few moons ago on another thread (I seem to recall there was a HPV discussion)? Not PC, I believe STI was considered more medically accurate?

14. NikR

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Single
    @RolandG

Well, I might have said something. But for a refresher;

"The term STI is broader and more encompassing because some infections are curable and may not cause any symptoms. If the infection results in altering the typical function of the body, it is then called a disease. So that’s why you may hear people say STIs – it’s technically more accurate and also reminds people that there are often no symptoms so it’s important to get tested."

http://www.health.umd.edu/healthpromotion/sexualhealth/sti

Nahh, I'm not PC either. My patients very quickly discover that I'm gonna ask if they're still bottoming raw, so they often volunteer that info first lol.

15. OhSheit

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Bicurious
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    I mean we all get cold sores and I'll take the risk of getting mono. I'll take a good makeout sessions over anything.

16. ControlledXaos

Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    People should not have folks back in the booty cakes if they know they ain't washed it. Not just wiped. Not just wiped with a Wet One but washed and got up in there. I'm perfectly OK with someone breaking to hit up bathroom to get it worked out. It's not embarrassing. It's real. Hell you'd may not even had planned on things going that route. Sex can be spontaneous so if you wanna present the best version of yourself, please do so.

I got blood testing for everything before my prep rx so I'm good to go. Lol

Winston Smith dapped this.
  17. BlackguyExecutive

BlackguyExecutive Je suis diplomate
    Squad Leader Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Married
    There is not a shot in hell that I would let anyone put their head near my nether-region if I have not properly prepared for that kind of access. On the flip side, my gent won't offer any access if he is not 100 percent ready for any and all sexual activity that could possibly happen...

Dante dapped this.
  18. DFW Brutha

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    Eh...

clean cat (blood and booty)
    [​IMG]

the right vibe
    [​IMG]

=
    [​IMG]
    #likegroceries

NikR dapped this.
  19. Dante

Dante https://www.gofundme.com/qv7v5dw
    The Great Debater The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Single
    Absolutely!!!! Plus for me, you have to shave or wax that area also. I'm not diving into a village of hair trees. Knowing most men do not do this, alongside not washing the ass crack and door entry of the asshole, my tossing salad (giving) has been on hiatus.

BlackguyExecutive dapped this.