Exactly!

Discussion in 'Race, Religion, Science and Politics' started by OckyDub, Dec 2, 2015.

1. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
  2. cypher21

cypher21 Deactivated Account
    The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Sheesh, they sure do work fast. This does need to end now. There is absolutely no reason why a hunter/gun enthusiast should be allowed to purchase an AK47 Assault Rifle.

Nick5 and Jdudre dapped this.
  3. acessential

Squad Leader Best Thread Creator The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    I just tried having a sane conversation with one of my gun enthusiast Facebook friends and I'm exhausted. It always ended with "it won't work."

4. cypher21

The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Not looking
    I'm curious, what do they think will work then?? Or do they even think it's a problem?

5. OckyDub

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    I've been listening to black talk radio this morning and all I can do is shake my head. Their solutions all centered around, "We living in the end of days"
    "Jesus , the Prince of Peace is coming back"
    "We need the bible back in our hearts"

A possible solution is easy...ban firearms. Just view the models of all the other free democratic countries who don't have this problem, they don't have guns. YES I understand this is not a reality for our society because the US is a culture of death.

Also gun control is a farce. There is no way the US can "control" over 400 million firearms within our boarders while new guns are continuing to be manufactured. At the end of the day, death and violence has a price tag and people and corporations profit from it.

So...there isn't really a solution from this. The US has specialized in terror for over 400 yrs and is not about to let up any time soon.

bpaisle, DreG, ControlledXaos and 2 others dapped this.
  6. acessential

Squad Leader Best Thread Creator The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    This person in particular doesn't think it's a problem. He's not okay with the fact that people are dying, but according to him, the right to own guns is more important. He wouldn't even listen to basic calls for control. The reality is, we will never be able to ban guns completely. It's in our constitution. If right wing fanatics are this serious about sinking any chance at gun control, imagine how they would be if we tried to amend the constitution which is exponentially more difficult. The best thing we can do is set up concrete universal federal gun regulation, but gun folks don't even want that.

7. OckyDub

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    Gun CEOs Celebrate Tragedy: Mass Shootings Great for Profits
    In 2013 alone — the latest available data for gun industry sales — America’s gun manufacturers made 10,847,792 firearms, according to the bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms. That accounted for annual sales of $13.5 billion, and a total profit of $1.5 billion. America’s gun and ammunition stores posted a combined $3.1 billion in annual sales, with a total profit of $478.4 million. And out of all the 10.8 million guns manufactured in America in 2013, 10.4 million stayed in the US, as only 4 percent of those firearms were exported.
    Gun CEOs Celebrate Tragedy: Mass Shootings Great for Profits

8. Nick Delmacy

Nick Delmacy is a Verified MemberNick Delmacy Da Architect

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    [​IMG]

Cyrus-Brooks and redsai84 dapped this.
  9. cypher21

The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Just saw this and it made me think of this post: Man carrying gun on his back stirs up controversy in Akron

Man carrying around military grade firearms like it's, scaring everyone around obviously and a black barber calls the police on his behind but they don't arrest him because he technically didn't break any laws...:iverson:....says it's for self protection...

If you get MULTIPLE phone calls from people (over 8!) scared about some guy carrying a rifle on his back (or doing anything really) isn't that disturbing the peace???

10. Cyrus-Brooks

Cyrus-Brooks is a Featured MemberCyrus-Brooks The Black Vulcan
    Squad Leader Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    I've been saying god isn't going to fix anything for years. But religious people get butthurt when I suggest real world action is need to address real world problems and not magic. That said I still think gun control is of dubious value. It won't stop the white boys and criminals from arming themselves. Notice how there's alot of "gun control" in areas where blacks live.

#10 Cyrus-Brooks, Dec 5, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2015
    DreG dapped this.
  11. DreG

DreG is a Featured MemberDreG Art Heaux
    Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    This is PR 101 on how to appear concerned without actually helping.

12. bpaisle

The 100 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Yeah they are pretty much just saying something just for the sake of it. I feel like the majority of it is just empty words. I do agree with @ockydub though. There is no such thing as gun control in this country. It's too little, too late for that at this point. I just read this article about this guy who shot this little girl and her mom at soccer practice. People are crazy and it shouldn't be that easy to get a gun.
    http://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...2/04/child-shot-sports-complex-dies/76791192/