Watch Your Mouth

Discussion in 'Mental, Medical and Sexual Health' started by Dante, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Dante

Dante https://www.gofundme.com/qv7v5dw
    The Great Debater The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Single
  2. acessential

Squad Leader Best Thread Creator The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    132 people out of more than 96,000. That's less than 0.1%. And some of those people might have gotten cancer anyway making the estimate even lower. Not saying there isn't a risk, but I'm sure most people will take their chances.

3. LeMignon

LeMignon Your Favorite Nephew
    The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    "People infected with a strain called HPV-16 were between two and 22 times as likely to be in the cancer group" ... "There are two approved vaccines for HPV-16 and HPV-18, Gardasil and Cervarix, and those at risk can be detected with the mouthwash test."

Well the risk, although minimal, comes from one strain that we have a vaccine to... So we should consult our doctors about it, since us gay people have much higher rates of sex-related cancers.

4. cypher21

cypher21 Deactivated Account
    The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Not looking
  5. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    WHY! did I have to click on the article and see that damn pic! :scust:

I read about this earlier. Basically if you are an adult you most likely already have some form of HPV-I think 75% or something like that.

Also the other articled mentioned that there are at least 109 different strains of HPV. :eek:

6. Infinite_loop

Infinite_loop Is this thing on?
    Bae Material The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    SGL
    I think you are confusing the Human Papilllomavirus(HPV) with Herpes Simplex- I

7. OhSheit

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Bicurious
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    In conclusion... Continue to suck that dick.

Tyroc and alton dapped this.
  8. alton

Squad Leader The Great Debater The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    LMFAO

9. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Nope.

Human papillomavirus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Wiki (yeah I know it is wiki) says up to 170 strains? and most common STI, and most sexually active people will get HPV at some point in their lives. Not all strains are the same and problematic I guess.

WHO says the same thing, over 100 strains, most common STI, most sexually active people will get it. "HPV is mainly transmitted through sexual contact and most people are infected with HPV shortly after the onset of sexual activity."

WHO | Human papillomavirus (HPV) and cervical cancer

10. Infinite_loop

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    SGL
    Wow! I was not aware of how prevalent HPV was among sexually active US adults. I was more referring to the seroprevalence of HSV-2 actually which is and I quote Epidemiology of herpes simplex - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia "HSV-2 is more common in Sub-Saharan Africa than in Europe or the North America. Up to 82% of women and 53% of men in Sub-Saharan Africa are seropositive for HSV-2. These are the highest levels of HSV-2 infection in the world, although exact levels vary from country to country in the continent.[24]"

So, for the US and Europe HVP is more prevalent. For Sub-saharan Africa, HSV(especially 2) is more prevalent, although still about 48% black women in the US have it

ColumbusGuy dapped this.
  11. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    I feel like I know they are all bad..I just don't want to know the specifics especially the ones like HPV where they basically say most of us have it anyway unless we are teenage virgins or something. These young virgins on here really should think about getting vaccinated I guess or talk to a Dr. about it.

12. Infinite_loop

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    SGL
    I am glad I was vaccinated for HPV when I enrolled in college. I think most of these "illnesses" are not actually "that bad" to have. Sometimes, we have to rely on our immune system to learn these viruses and protect us against them. We can't possibly have cures or vaccines for every single of the 1+ billion virus species out there. That's why we keep seeing many of them pop up and wrecking havoc like the now epidemic Zuka virus and dengue fever, ebola -causing viruses among other things. Most of them are benign, some of them are deadly. Most of the time humans invade their natural habitats..