Why We Do What We Do

Discussion in 'LGBT News and Events' started by OckyDub, Nov 20, 2016.

1. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    Below is a comment we received via FaceBook...
    [​IMG]

"Good evening, I want to greatly thank Nick Delmacy and Octavius Williams for the creating such an incredible venue for black gay men who are proud of their masculinity and don't conform to stereotypes. Recently, I've been enjoying Inside The Mind of Octavius Williams video clips, which has personally resonated with me because, as a homosexual black male who grew up in one of the most repressive states of the US South (Alabama), I can surely relate to the yearning for belonging to one's own black male peers which had been elusive for me. I now reside in Florida.

I was never sexually molested and had both a mother and a father in my life married and living together, contrary to common views/misconceptions about homosexuality. I was naive to the fact that my peers made it clear that I was different and ostracized me, although I wasn't behaving effeminately yet I stood out to them. I even tried to fit in with the local LGBT community during my college years, yet I stood out like fish out of water. I had so-called gay peers to call me stuck-up just because I wasn't down for whatever or gave in to their sexual demands. Hell, I even had gay white peers to say I was 'acting white' just because I didn't match what they saw from a damn hip hop/rap music video. I, too, have found myself being more of a loner because of past bullshit and drama from so-called friends/peers. And to add insult to injury, I grew up having to deal with the emotional loneliness and the fact that not even my relatives (and parents) truly understood me because of their own personal hang-ups about homosexuality.

Much Love,"

[​IMG]

Cyrus-Brooks, Jdudre, Dante and 7 others dapped this.
  2. LeMignon

LeMignon Your Favorite Nephew
    The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Cyrus-Brooks dapped this.
  3. Dante

Dante https://www.gofundme.com/qv7v5dw
    The Great Debater The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating: